Santa Cruz Control panel annoyance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Cruz Control panel annoyance

I have observed that on my system, when I install Windows ME, Win 2000, or Win XP, The input device won't stay set to "Line In." When I restart it defaults to "Microphone."

How the heck do I set "Line In" as the default? How come it doesn't do this in Win 98 with the same hardware/driver configuration?

Kevin

AMD TBird 1200
    Abit KT7A, KT133 chipset
    Marvel G200
    TBSC
    PD 5.41
    VT 1.52

I would suggest posting in the forums at www.3dsoundsurge.com
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Must be a local problem as mine stays put at Line-in or Microphone, whichever I used last.

I'm using the sc_4161s drivers. There is also a new beta Win9x SE only driver on their site.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

As long as it is saved in the presets, and I have the "Load last preset at start up" option enabled, it stays at line-in for me...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

"Load last preset at startup"

Got it. Thanks kindly. Now, where did the VU meters go???

Kevin

Comment

KRSESQ, I have the Santa Cruz with my RT.X100 running without the issue you are reporting.

Did you install the latest drivers?

Cheers,
            Elie

Comment

I have never gotten VU meters with line-in.
              As far as I can tell, line in is not processed through the SC's EQ at all (one of the few complaints I have with the card).....
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I had the VU meters when running under Win98FE. Since upgrading they've gone away.

I tried installing the latest drivers. Downloaded from website and uncompressed, ran setup. Setup insisted on uninstalling the old drivers before proceeding, restarted, and then after completing new driver installation, the SC control panel refused to run. So much for that plan.

Kevin

Comment

The VU meter is present in Win98 but not in W2k.
                  Confirmed by SC service by an e-mail to me, last year.
                  To reset the SC controlpanel, one can run the: SCSChk.exe file.
                  But use it with care.

Fred H
                  It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                  ------------------------------------------------

Comment

No VU meters-a real pain

The no VU meters in win 2000 affects more than just a Santa Cruz (which i have). I also use a Yamaha XG sound card and ther are no VU's showing in that too. I now have to launch a sound program (I'm using cooledit) to set sound levels before capturing video. So if anyone knows a nice (free) VU utility for win 2k please let me know

Comment

Got another good one for you: Using PCVCR (VT1.52) I can select line input (line input set in SC control panel) and hear the audio just fine over my PC speakers. But when I record there's no audio recorded in the file. When I capture using Premiere I get audio but a few too many dropped frames for my satisfaction.

If I select "Mic In" in PCVCR I can record audio, even though I have no input on the SC mic in, and "Mic" muted in SC control panel. Again, all of these things worked in Win 98, so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow .

I guess every so often I have to try out WinME to remind myself why it sucks ass. Thanks heaps, Brother Bill.

Kevin
                      Last edited by KRSESQ; 22 December 2002, 22:08.

Comment

I've got a great freeware VU meter program, but I have to find it tonight. It is tiny and uses almost no resources at all.
                        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Did you find the freeware VU program?

Comment

Try this:

Contains "audio-meter" (VU-meter), Osciloscope, Spectrumanalyzer, Signal generator.
                            And it IS FREE.
                            You need vbrun300.dll

Fred H
                            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sorry, I just upgraded my bandwidth for the cable modem and it seemed to flake out on me. It happened when they first installed it a few years ago, I think that the guy realigned the signal and if it is a little too ot it freaks so I was cut off for a while. I found a link, but it is not working and apparently it is no where else ro be found. I have it, it is only 32kb, but I do not have the authors' permission to redistibute it and I know that it would be deleted if I posted it.

Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you, that it isn't as bad as posting it on a website. It is freeware afterall.

Never mind, gound it here:

Last edited by Sciascia; 26 December 2002, 08:54.
                              WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
                              X