DVI Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVI Question

Does DVI-D cause a video card to draw more power? I'm having werid problem with my Radeon 9700 and my LCD cutting off for no reason intermently. I had no problems with it when I had my CRT display on it. Reason I think its the card is that I'm getting snow effects at times and spilt second distortion of the desktop and I had my MSI PCalert come up and tell me my 5V rail was running about 4.32V in the middle of UT2003.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Buy a more powerful PS

That is called rail sag or voltage droop, which comes from when a PS is trying to feed more current than it's capable of.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, check your power supply. Digital output should actually use less power than analog, since the dacs are (presumably) off. If the card just turns on the tmds DVI transmitters in addition to the dacs when you run in digital, then its gonna eat up more juice. In either case tho, you've got one hell of a power hungry system and I'd think should have at bare minimum a 430W supply for that, and ideally 550+
      Last edited by rylan; 20 December 2002, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
      X