Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything you wanted to know about Matrox but were afraid to ask

Greetings to all yee faithfulls,

I've been asked for an official PR statement to respond to rumors that have been up on this site, here is a holiday greeting from Matrox PR that pretty much answers everything people were looking for.

On behalf of more than 1000 employees worldwide, Matrox would like to take this opportunity to wish you happy holidays and all the best in the New Year!

For 26 years, Matrox products have been world renowned for their superior image quality, stability and unique features. We at Matrox are committed to continue to offer industry-leading support for our current and future products and look forward to delivering innovative solutions to our customers in the years to come.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to highlight some of our recent innovative new products and software initiatives:

• Parhelia and Adobe After Effects 5.5 now available in a special bundle for $799
    • Parhelia 256MB graphics card now shipping at $599 ESP
    • ISV certification for applications including Autodesk AutoCAD 2002 based products, Bentley Microstation version 8.0, SOFTIMAGE XSI 2.0.3 and 3.0, Avid XPress DV, Adobe Premiere along with Matrox certified driver support for Solidworks 2001 plus, SOFTIMAGE 3D and 3ds max 4 and 5,
    • Launch of five new multi-monitor graphics boards for medical imaging
    • 36 shipping titles now supporting Surround Gaming including “Age of Mythology”
    • Release of Windows 2K/XP driver v1.03 for Parhelia now available

Once again, happy holidays and all the best in the new year.

Further information on recent announcements:
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_center/press_rel/2002/parhelia_adobe.cfm
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_center/press_rel/2002/med_series.cfm
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_center/press_rel/2002/256mb.cfm
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/3dws/home.cfm#grid
    http://www.avid.com/products/xpressdv/specs/pc.shtml
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_center/press_rel/2002/video_workstation.cfm
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/surrgame.cfm
    Last edited by Haig; 20 December 2002, 14:51.

thanks haig merry christmas to you as well, cant wait to try the new drivers out, thank you for your continued personal support to us users it is much appreciated.hope you have a happy holiday and many more prosperous years.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Thanks for the new drivers and happy holidays!!!
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Re: Everything you wanted to know about Matrox but were afraid to ask

Originally posted by Haig
        We at Matrox are committed to continue to offer industry-leading support for our current and future products and look forward to delivering innovative solutions to our customers in the years to come.
        This is good news. Thanks !

Comment

Happy Christmas to you as well Haig!
          But to be honest, apart from the thing that Yannick already quoted, the press release only tells me what i don't wanted to know.
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

merry christmas haig + all other matrox employees. have a nice holiday.

Thanks for the new drivers + listening to MURC. Thanks.

Comment

Merry Christmas Haig! You're the only reason alot of us are still with Matrox!

Keep up the good work!
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
                Merry Christmas Haig! You're the only reason alot of us are still with Matrox!

Keep up the good work!
                Amen.
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Merry Christmas and Thanks Haig!
                  chuck
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Nice news... Looks like Matrox is, despite common beliefs, still alive and kicking...

Merry Christmas Haig! Enjoy your holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                      Happy Christmas to you as well Haig!
                      But to be honest, apart from the thing that Yannick already quoted, the press release only tells me what i don't wanted to know.
                      I second that. Both the greetings to Haig and the unsatisfaction. These are not EVERYTHING we wanted to know from Matrox. The biggest question I think, was when the revised version of Parhelia would come. But this question seems cannot be answered, at least not by PR.

Comment

Merry Christmas Haig!
                        Thx for the information.
                        main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Thank you for the information Haig!

Merry Christmas to you, all the employees of Matrox, and all the pepole on the MURC forums!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all of you here, and especially to those people at Matrox who still try their best to keep the graphics division alive.
                            Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Re: Everything you wanted to know about Matrox but were afraid to ask

Originally posted by Haig

For 26 years, Matrox products have been world renowned for their superior image quality, stability and unique features. We at Matrox are committed to continue to offer industry-leading support for our current and future products and look forward to delivering innovative solutions to our customers in the years to come.
                              [/i]
                              I hope Matrox have learned from the mistake Parhelia was. I find it hard to believe that Matrox released a card with defected analog output. Even so if some people at Matrox knew it and gave a green light to the production (I really hope this is just a rumor). I was prepared to pay for brilliant output quality. Matrox name was (yes was) the guarantee of great display, but I had to return the card because of the so called banding. Parhelia has several unique features which show the true Matrox potential. Don't let great products be plagued by bugs which can be eliminated in beta testing!!!

Marry christmas to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X