RRS and Windows ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRS and Windows ME

Because my (Win95) system slowly started to fall apart I reinstalled and decided to try out Windows ME to see if I could get it to work with my Mystique 220, RRS and MsPro 5.2.
    I installed using the "best practises" as published on the desktop video world site.
    To my surprise this setup worked without any problems directly from the beginning.
    Anyone else here with experience with this kind of setup ?
    Peter

"Windows ME" ??
    Clem Reid
    Toshiba P200 notebook
    Dual core 2.16Ghz
    2Gb Ram
    2 x 160Gb HDD
    XP Pro
    DVD Multi drive

Intel P4P800 865PE
    2GB DDR333
    1 x 120Gb SATA Seagate 7200
    WXP Pro
    A06 DVD Writer
    Samsung CDR/RW

Intel 815EP P111 1ghz
    512mg 133Ram
    40Gb ATA Seagate 7200
    200Gb ATA Seagate 7200
    WXP
    Samsung CDR/RW
    Poineer DVD Rom

1 X 250Gb ATA Seagate 7200 in caddie
    1X 250GB Maxtor in Caddie

Comment

I use the same setup with using Win95 OSR2 and have no problems. If you had problems with Win95 it may have been something you inherited from a "one partition does all" setup.
      paulw

Comment

cuddles, Windows Me = Windows Millennium Edition.

Comment

Paulw,

I was very happy with my (multiple partion) setup of Windows 95 but suffered from to many installs/uninstalls.
          (If I could just affort a dedicated PC for video editing ...)

Since I had to reinstall anyway I decided to play around with ME first. To my surprise everything seems to work well sofar (except that I'll probably have to upgrade from 64Mb to 128Mb or higher for better performance)
          Untill now I've found no reason to reinstall Windows 95 (as my first plan was).
          I was wondering if there were others with experience with a RRS/Win ME setup.
          Peter

Comment

PJG,

ik wil niet vervelend zijn, maar je lijkt me wel erg verbaasd over het werken van je systeem. Ik heb inmiddels vier verschillende windowsversies gehad 95B,C en 98,98II. Zelf heb ik eigenlijk nooit echt grote problemen gehad. Ik zou zo zeggen, geniet ervan...

Comment

Working...
            X