The DNS server has folded :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DNS server has folded :D

My ISP's shitty DNS server has folded again.

But Murc is in my Host file
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

hehe long live host files
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

But it is kind of iritating to be completley cut of from anything that not is on your host file

I have other DNS servers specified but it don't seem to help
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

You need to add a website in your host file to do DNS lookups so you can get the IP

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I run my own BIND on my gateway. My ISP's name servers are actually quite OK, but it still seems quicker/more reliable to run my own.
          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I got it fixed

I made the ISP (shitty)DNS secondary and rebooted!
            Now I even think the Net has become "Faster"

Comment

Working...
            X