Parhelia tweak utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia tweak utility

Anyone used the tweak utility to over clock parhelia? I dont plan on doing so but wondered if anyone else has?

It works, but Powerstip is much better!!!
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

R )opps worng post

Comment

K6 do you see a difference really or just better 3dmark score. What about overheating?

Thanks

Comment

Where you can see the bigger improvement is in 3Dmark ofcourse. On real games it will depend on so many different factors but I get around 2-3 fps extra when overclocking to 230mhz.

When I try to push it too much I guess the video ram is the weak link 'cos I get lots of artifacts on the desktop. I think that a hard lock will be from the core being pushed too far but I can't get one just the artifacts.

With PowerStrip I can raise the core to 234mhz and let the mem to 600mhz and it's completely stable.

btw when using the Tweak util does it overclock from the stock speeds or from the bios values? I did the bios hack to 230mhz and I still can "tweak" it to 10%!

ciao
          <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

I admit I'm way too scared to try it might fry my $400.00 dollar Parhelia and then I'll be stuck with 2 extra monitors!

Comment

OC'ing lets me go up one extra res or turn on both FAA and Aniso in games, so I find it to be worth it...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
              X