The house project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The house project

We have been working on the house project for a while now. I just got finished with our architect and have some plans to show!

They are big pics because I just took them with my digital camera and threw them on the site. The room dimensions didn't get on this draft but it's exactly 100 feet across and total under roof is 5,269 square feet. We already bought 2 acres of land that it will sit on so it should be a nice fit.

Sorry to post this here, but the architect just left and I had to show somebody.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Where is the home theater/audio room????
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

hehe He called it the "cave" on the plans because that's what my wife calls ours now (cold and dark). If you look at the plans that room with the oval in it is the theater (it's 18x24). 130 inch screen at the front with the bar in the back. The pillars on the walls will have sconse lights and movie posters will be in between with lights shining down on them. The closet in the back is for the electronics for the whole house.
      Last edited by Pneumatic; 18 December 2002, 21:03.

Comment

Can't you read? It's called "cave."

Dude, you better make the 2hr drive down here for your home theater stuff... do it and I'll make you a good deal.

Comment

I hope you're having it wired with proper audio cables and networking...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

That room's actually a bit short for a 130" screen.. get him to make it longer.

Comment

Plus, like most architects, it looks like he didn't leave room for surround speakers behind.. I've got a solution.. pm me if you're interested.

Comment

lol

The 130 inch screen was put into the plans BEFORE I put the bar in the back. That did shrink the viewing area so we may have to put a smaller screen in there.

I have to go to the home theater store and see what I need to change in there. This is the 3rd set of drawings and it's by no means complete but it's as close as it has ever been.

Comment

nix the powder room, put the deep freeze under the stairs, and there's your lost space.. also, lower the ceiling to 7 feet in the back and raise it to 10 ft in the front, and you will have a place for surround speakers.

Comment

higher cielings usually make the room sound better than adding another $5000 worth of equipment, btw.

Comment

The ceilings are at least 11 feet throughout the house. The one in the lower left hand bedroom vaults to 20 feet and catches that stained glass window you can see from the front.

Comment

there are a couple of other things I noticed that you could do over on that side of the house if you want to keep the powder room.. i'll look at it a bit more..

the high ceilings are a big help.. the ideal room ratio is 19x14x10.. with 11" ceilings that translates to 20.9 x 15.4 x 11..

Comment

That's the biggest 3 bedroom house I've ever seen. The house we just bought (our first) was designed as a four bedroom (we had the front two rooms enlarged into the space the fourth bedroom was supposed to be), and it's only 1,764 sq. ft.

I don't think your house would fit if you used our lot plus the land of our two neighbours. Our lot is 105' deep, and 22.5' across. It's a semi detached, so it's really a 45' lot with one 3,528 sq. ft. house that's basically been split down the middle.

Anyway, enough of my complaining That's a pretty sweet design. Lot's of room for the kids to play without messing up the rest of the house. I like how the two kids rooms are exact mirror images. I assume you've got two kids? That way they'll have no arguments over who gets the bigger room.

Good traffic flow through all the rooms. Plenty of closet space for the wife (you do know you're stuck with one drawer right? ) Lots of room for BMWs.

I just have one question. When is murc movie night at Pneumatic's place?
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

now that's what i call a house. may i ask what it will roughly cost?
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I want your house!

Looks great, congratulations.
                              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Working...
                              X