Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MSPro 7 Video Capture capabilities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MSPro 7 Video Capture capabilities...

Here are some pics of what's new in Video Capture;

First lets deal with capture plugins. Note that I have both IEEE-1394 and a VfW analog device in this system and that VC only loads what you have hardware for;

Note the new WMV capture plugin, among others.

Speaking of WMV IEEE-1394 capture here's the profiles dialog;

On the DV front we get either DV type1 or type2 capture;

We also get a new Scan & Capture dialog;

Once a tape is scanned and/or captured a tape you have the option of saving a file that has all that tapes info so later on you can just load it back in and select the clips you need.

Well?

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 December 2002, 11:32.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

GRRRRRRRRRR!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I like the idea of loading the tapes agian after editing, we call it offlining. The idea is to captue and edit using high copressin and then after you have your movie, reload the tapes as it asks for them and it captures only the parts that it needs and you can increase the quality. Makes for a lot less headaches in the editing part.

Do you know if they support capturing from ATI? I can do it with my 8500DV, but the stuff you have to go through really makes it easier to use the MMC SW or AVI_IO.

How is the MPEG2 editing? Any changes there? I can capture in DVD specs, but Ulead always trried to re-erender the whole thing, not good. I usually just capture in MJPEG and then go from there, but for a fast and dirty edit it would be nice to go straight from MPEG2.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

If the 8500DV provides an OHCI interface to the OS I don't see why it wouldn't work. My RT.X100's IEEE-1394 is usable.

I never recommend editing MPEG's unless they are I-frame only. IBP is too big a PITA even on hardware systems.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

This is really beginning to look like a bone crusher for my flat-line learning curve! By the way, Doc, will the Cool 3D Studio have any re-positioning done to it with the 7.0 launch, or will it stay where it is as separate product?

Jeff B

Comment

I have no info either way about a Cool3D Studio bundle, but it sounds like a great idea.

I will say this:

It's my strong opinion that Ulead should roll CGI's vector features and the internal titlers text based features into C3D Studio and make it the main-line titler in the next version.

That would, IMHO, be a murderous combination and Ulead knows that this opinion is shared by others....

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 December 2002, 16:15.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well, I feel some anxiety about that idea, Doc.

Why?

Because CG Infinity's design is very much intended to complement Video Paint.

For example, the ability to use any given video frame as a background layer upon which CG Infinity vector tools can be used to precisely position objects...

...which can be copied and then pasted directly into Video Paint for further manipulation.

I have actually been more inclined to agree with Charlie Hills' suggestion.

Charlie has long suggested combining CG Infinity with Video Paint.

Would it be possible to combine CG Infinity, Video Paint and then roll them both into Cool 3D?

Well...

...anything's possible.

But I shudder to think what might happen if the 'experiment' fails and we wind up with a Frankenstein interface.

It's tough to put rotoscoping, 2D vector illustration into an interface designed for creating and manipulating 3D objects.

If it could be done well, I'd be supportive.

But... that's the catch.

It would have to be done right.

'The devil is in the details.'

:-)

Jerry Jones
              I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

I don't see improvements in capture as a selling point for me as I generally just dump in whole tapes.

OTOH if it supported timed recording like a VCR so I could hook my ADVC-100 to my cable box and record straight to DV on the hard drive at the appropiate time, unattended ....

--wally.

Comment

Working...
                X