Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Saddam to head to the bunkers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Saddam to head to the bunkers....

Guess the arms declaration was a bit amiss.....

They're looking at upwards of 300,000 troops plus enough carrier groups to float London

France coming in too? Sheeshhhh....

Might expect the Russians too given Iraq recently cancelled their precious oil contracts

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 December 2002, 09:34.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Dr M

The paper you quoted from has, as its ONLY claim to fame, a daily topless model on page 3. It is the crappiest toe-rag of a paper in the entire country - bar the daily sport!

This is the paper that claimed to have won the Falklands war, for christsake!

Question, are these the same fleets that got wiped out under gnep's post?

Of course the US will attack Iraq.... but dont use the Sun as your guide....

RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

France and Russia, where do you get that from, pray tell?

Comment

And even the National Enquirer has won awards for beating the mainstream press to the punch, so page 3 be damned.

The main reasons for France and Russia taking a middle road position in the UN was because of their Iraqi oil contracts and their insecurity over what would happen to them post-Saddam.

Iraq cancelled Russias contracts this last week. Not smart IMHO.

As for if France will come in; we'll find out. My guess is yes. They've never missed a good fight

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

neither without a good, fresh resolution, my friend.....

Russia is a spent force militarially.... Just look at the bollocks made of Chechnia.

France hates political U-turns - even more than Thatcher did in the 80's..... - france is already being committed into a new forien adventure in africa, in case you hadnt noticed....

a new resolution for those boys, I think.

I wouldnt eat chips wrapped in that peice of cr*p, though....

Comment

Well the sun. You take the tits out page 3 unless it moved, go to the shithouse and have a good shit enjoy the Tits and wipe your ass on the rest of it.
            I think Ant might like that.

Up the Blades.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ugg, what is this pile of shit article.

Its information free propoganda.

I expect a war against Iraq to be expensive (in cost and human life) and possibly quite ugly, despite "The Suns" optimism and upstaging.

While I don't think vietnam is really a very valid comparison here, it does show how ugly things can get even with the overwhelming advantage our militaries have over theirs.
              80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Shit newspaper aside, it seems that Blare just isnt listening to the British people. They certainly dont want this war.

Regards MD
                Interests include:
                Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Which British people are you talking about?

I'm happy to support a war against Iraq. "Sad Man Insane" really has become dangerously insane, and his son (who will inherit his legacy) is about 10 times worse!

There have been numerous opinion polls on this and all but one of them shows that there is majority support for a war against Iraq - so long as proof of weapons of mass destruction is made public.

To be honest - the 'anti-war' haping sounds very Daily Mirror to me.

And another thing...........if the Sun is so crap then the bulk of the newspaper buying British public must be crap as well. It does out sell any other Daily. (Note: I am not saying The Sun is a good paper - but it's not intelligent debate to rubbish it without providing any explanations as to why you think that!)

That's my two cents worth.

Once we've finished with Iraq, we should move in to Israel and annex the West Bank, and re-create a smaller Palestine. It's only fair!!!!!!! Or maybe just stop America funding the existence of Israel. If they had to be self sufficient they wouldn't be so quick to violate international law with their illegal Jewish Settlement program!

In conclusion: I believe that war on oppressive regimes is justified if they pose a threat to your own National security. I believe that DOES include Iraq. But, that would include Israel for the same reason. That's why politics is so cap - it's double standards!!!!
                  It's easy to die in the past. Staying alive is much more difficult!

Comment

hehe i like that idea MJA.
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Once we've finished with Iraq, we should move in to Israel and annex the West Bank, and re-create a smaller Palestine. It's only fair!!!!!!! Or maybe just stop America funding the existence of Israel. If they had to be self sufficient they wouldn't be so quick to violate international law with their illegal Jewish Settlement program!
                      I would not be surprised if Israel welcomed you to it, IF you can also stop the terrorist attacks against them and (somewhat less important perhaps) the general hostility against Israel. Seem a prety good idea (for the Israelis at least) but kinda hard to accomplish methinks.
                      Umf
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Just don't come crying when we're 1 inch from conquering Cairo and Damascus like the last time.
                        And when we do, don't preach to us about the refugees we'll kick out and those lands we'll never return since:
                        Jordan was GIVEN BY THE BRITS to a minority and Sirya is governed by a terror supporting minority. Not to mention the fact we wanted to return Gaza to the Egyptian, et they refused and that Jordan has no claim for the west bank nor temple mount which was conquered from them and not from the Palestinians.
                        If later on we'll go for Iraq, and get their oil, please brush your teeth and wash your mouth before kissing our feet, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MJA
                          Which British people are you talking about?

few agree with it a few don't a lot don't give a toss shocking in the younger generation as these things will effect there future.

I'm happy to support a war against Iraq. "Sad Man Insane" really has become dangerously insane, and his son (who will inherit his legacy) is about 10 times worse!

I'll support it with UN backing.

There have been numerous opinion polls on this and all but one of them shows that there is majority support for a war against Iraq - so long as proof of weapons of mass destruction is made public.

Funny I thought most of them showed it the other way round.

To be honest - the 'anti-war' haping sounds very Daily Mirror to me.

Blow em all up sounds like the sun to me.

And another thing...........if the Sun is so crap then the bulk of the newspaper buying British public must be crap as well. It does out sell any other Daily. (Note: I am not saying The Sun is a good paper - but it's not intelligent debate to rubbish it without providing any explanations as to why you think that!)

Lot of people think eastenders and corperation street are good programs which they're not.

That's my two cents worth.

Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The Isreal/Palestine situation is not easily solved. The borders are more or less already drawn out (ie as they are now). So just make that the official border and re-create Palestine. The only reason this hasn't already been done is because the Palestinians and the Isrealies can't agree on exactly where the borders should be. It would be appropriate for a third party to draw up the borders - and every time that is tried it favours one side and all talks break down.

It's not an easy one to solve
                            It's easy to die in the past. Staying alive is much more difficult!

Comment

Originally posted by MJA
                              The Isreal/Palestine situation is not easily solved. The borders are more or less already drawn out (ie as they are now). So just make that the official border and re-create Palestine. The only reason this hasn't already been done is because the Palestinians and the Isrealies can't agree on exactly where the borders should be. It would be appropriate for a third party to draw up the borders - and every time that is tried it favours one side and all talks break down.

It's not an easy one to solve
                              And what would you do against artillery, missiles and rockets coming out of cities like in South Lebanon ?
                              Or infilitrators like the Hizbolla kidnappng the 3 soldiers ?

Comment

Working...
                              X