An Xbox question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Xbox question...

Ok I'm VERY Tempted to get a Dell 2000FP LCD display today for $800 from Dell. I was kicking around hooking up my Xbox to it since it has dual inputs (DVI/RBG for the PC and S-video or Compsite for TV or what not), but the problem I have is I'm trying to figure out how to I'm going to get audio of the Xbox since its currently hooked up to my Reciever. I need to find something where I could just plug in a set of headphones and I would be set. Any suggestions? I currently have the advanced AV Pack for the XBox if that helps out any.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

X-Box

GT98

i don't understand the problem...the sound and the video are two different paths. if the sound is on say...the cd function of the reciever then switch the reciever to "cd" to get the sound through your speakers and the video through your new flat panel display.

i have my x-box hooked up with the monster high-definition cable setup with fiber for the audio(..DTS 5.1) through my reciever. the video is being played back on my 60" sony grand wega...SWEET!!!

HALO is one kickass game at high-definition....

cc

Comment

Well the problem I'm having is that I want to have the Xbox by itself and directly plug a set of headphones into the AV pack I have. Someone told me that I could just get a set of RCA to miniplug adapter for headphones and it should work fine...but I guess I wouldnt have any surround sound since I dont have a surround sound decoder (i.e. Receiver).
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

x-box sound

GT98

doesn't radio shack have an adapter that has R/L audio(..rca plugs) to a female plug for headphones???

perhaps it could be fabricated with pieces and parts!

cc

Comment

If the RCA-plugs coming from the XBox don't have a volume control, this ought to be fitted as well. Going from RCA to headphone is perfectly possible (it is just connecting the wires), but I think the higher volumelevels could still lead to problems (both to the headphone as your ears ).

Most wireless headphones have a volumecontrol (and take an RCA input), so that might be an easy solution.

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well if you are going to be listening with headphones don't worry about suroundsound.

Find an old getto blaster with a/v inputs and plug in your headphones.
            OR
            Go buy/borrow/steal a second hand $10-20 amp and plug in your headphones. Many old amps have great sound but just don't look as spiffy as a new one. They are also a dime a dozen used at any pawn/thrift store.
            Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Working...
            X