Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for borat

borat

with reguard to your 'banding' in 2D which you talked about in another thread, it may not be the banding other people are talking about but I have also seen a similar thing.

I dont think its a Parhelia problem as such, let me explain.

I have had a retail P ever since it was released, it works great on my home PC. Just recently I have taken it to work to use for a couple of months. I put it into one PC and the banding was evident straight away without running any application, opened up Microstation CAD and it was unusable, real bad. Put the card in another PC at work and no banding at all, perfect.

What you are seeing I think is what I have at work, I think its getting interference from something. If you can, try putting it in another PC and see if the banding follows the card.

basically what occurs in 2d is that when i scroll down a page i get a dark line across the screen starting at the bottom and working upwards (hmm possibly a band dare i say) then another one and then a third all traveling up to the top of the screen slowly. when i stop scrolling they dissapear, also the screen is very jerky when this happens. this may not be the banding that affects parhelia and now i recognise it may nopt even be parhelia itself but its extremely annoying and really bugging me. will try parhelia in another computer to see if it happens there too.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

What system are you using? CPU, motherboard, hd, soundcard, nic etc and what OS are you using and do you have lots of programs runing in the background etc also could you post your IRQ list?
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

It could be the PSU?

Comment

ill post when i have the computer running again. ie next 2 days, no other programs running, im using a 350 watt psu that came with the system it has dvd drive cdrw drive 2 hard drives parhelia and an xp 2200 as well as a few other non power hungry things like an audigy ethernet card ect.
          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Hi borat,

just in case you are using Internet Exploder 5.5, you might want to update or complety switch to another browser, because IE5.5 is famous for smearing webpages ...
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
            X