I am back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am back

well i have been away for some time... my ISP whent bankrupt....

here in lebs we do have modem conections to great ISPs but for the poor folks there is a nother option,,.. (since every one pays for local calles here and the phone company cheats i had to give up my phoneline becuse of a $3000 bill) what they do here is get a 128kb microwave link and some satelite downstream links and throw a few cat5 cables to hubs from one bldg to another (very mesy and unprofetionaly done) then they use wingate (crapy proxy for a network of 100+) so the conection is like shit... most of the things i would like to do on the net do not work... like most file sharing programs, net 2 phone type programs,,, and worst of all SMTP..... (i dont do web email)

oh and the conection is not always up.. .lots of latancy and conection timouts.. ... but hay i am back on line.... sort off...
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Glad to have you back!

Comment

Your back, that's all that counts.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

People leaving, people back. I struggle to comprehend whether I'm coming or going
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          But all that really matters is that you're here
          Copycat!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

welcome to murc!

again!
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Welcome back
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Wonderful to have you amongst us again...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                  But all that really matters is that you're here
                  Copycat!
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Pace
                    Copycat!
                    META-Copycat!

I knew you were expecting it, so I decided I wanted the postcount++ this time
                    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

postcount++ is life!
                      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I knew something was not right. No one has threatened to crisp me in a while.

Good to have ya back!
                        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Anyway

Welcome back
                          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

welcome back, Spiral....

Are you feeling better? wou were not so well before you left....

RedRed
                            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

well i am sort if feeling better.... looking forward for the christmas holiday... booked 5 nights in a hotel up in the mountains to go and relax after the christmas choir concert.... i work as an asistant to the choir director and sing in the base section....

but i am sad to say that this new isp turned out to be crapy..... the other day it raind and belive it or not i had water seeping in to my computer from the rj45 plug.... aperently the water is in side all the cat5 cable ..... thankfully the only thing that was damaged was the NIC..... had a spare one but the conection is dead D-E-D dead......... so i guse i will be out for a while again :
                              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                              X