New modded ATI- triplehead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New modded ATI- triplehead.

Well its not designed for gaming, but its cool to see how the 9700 can be adapted. And so soon after release.

About simFUSION 6000
    simFUSION 6000 offers unbeatable PC-IG performance and image quality, with 2-to-24-sample full-scene antialiasing at screen resolutions up to 2048x1536 and fill rates up to 9.6Gpix/sec. OGL 1.3, D3D 9.0, and Linux compatible, simFUSION configurations include two or four ATI RADEON 9700 graphics chips, one or three DVI-I outputs, a DVI input, and ChanlockĀ® channel synchronization. Genlock to internal or external video and 256MB of unified memory are standard in all configurations. The DVI input allows multiple chassis to be cascaded for higher performance or additional AA samples. Optional sensor postprocessor and distortion correction/edge blending cards are available.
    Oh my god MAGNUM!

well if that can be done for a semi decent price ill chuck parhelia away and buy it. no banding - magic.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Semi decent price? I doubt it.

Plus...dual chip? Er...ATi? Bleh, chances are it will be AFR. Which is crap.

A better solution would probably be a 9700Pro plus a G450 PCI

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

it won't be cheap. thats a professional card, designed for professional apps.... there is no way it will be cheap...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by Pace
          Semi decent price? I doubt it.

Plus...dual chip? Er...ATi? Bleh, chances are it will be AFR. Which is crap.
          Try 4 9700's. 9.6Gpixels/s does sound very much like 4 chips.

Comment

Originally posted by funky-d-munky
            simFUSION configurations include two or four ATI RADEON 9700 graphics chips...fill rates up to 9.6Gpix/sec
            Originally posted by Novdid
            Try 4 9700's. 9.6Gpixels/s does sound very much like 4 chips.
            Yeah, I got that
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I belive it is used for miltary simulations. The 9700 architecture was designed so up to 256 cores can be used. Not really a commercial card, but we will see what the Nvidia card makes them do. The triple head is only available with the 4 vpu version.

Ps- anyone know it the P was designed with multi-chips in mind?
              Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

the P was probably designed in a manner similar to the way the other matrox chips were... i am guessing that over a PCI bus you could very easily add more cores (ie, the MMS series of cards). not quite the same as they don't aid each other with rendering, but i'm gonna guess thats about the best that could be done with them.
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                X