X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dvd/divx/mp3 machine

Hello,

I just wanted to share with you what i build

Its a movie/music/game box with a matrox g400 in it :-)

Specs :

Amd Athlon 1800
    Chaintech AI7A Moederbord
    ATA 100, 3pci/cnr/1agp/2dimm
    256mb 133mhz Sdram
    40 Gigbyte Seagate Baracuda ATA-100
    Samsung 16x DVD Speler
    Matrox g450 Dualhead DDR 32mb
    Realtek 10/100mbit netwerk kaart
    Draadloos Mini-toetsenboard met ingbouwde muis
    Creative Soundblaster 4.1 Digital :
    4 poorts USB HUB

more pics here how i build id

now i run windows 98 on it.
    i notice when i watch a divx movie , i stutters every 7 seconds just a little bit.. i installed the g400 fix, but its still anoying..
    no problems with dvd playback

and i wondered how i could change the refreshrate a little. soms txt flickers a little to much..
    Last edited by Greebe; 17 December 2002, 13:55.

WOW! Very nice. If I hadn't seen the pictures on how you built it I would never believe that was really a computer.

Comment

Nice, I was looking for an old peice of equip to build a PC in, but I couldn't find one the right size, so i made one out of legos.

Comment

Very cool.
        Draadloos Mini-toetsenboard met ingbouwde muis
        Okay, English speakers might have a little problem interpreting that But I know Swedish, so I'm guessing that this is "Wireless mini-keyboard with built-in mouse".

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
          Very cool.Okay, English speakers might have a little problem interpreting that But I know Swedish, so I'm guessing that this is "Wireless mini-keyboard with built-in mouse".
          Actually it's Dutch but the translation is perfect.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
            Actually it's Dutch but the translation is perfect.
            I know it's Dutch! But Swedish and Dutch just happen to resemble each other quite a lot:

Draadloos Mini-toetsenboard met ingbouwde muis -> Trådlös Mini-tangentbord med inbyggd mus.

Edit: Okay, I know some German too, and that might help quite a lot when reading Dutch...
            Last edited by Tempest; 17 December 2002, 14:57.

Comment

Do you got some swedish articles to test my swedish .
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Nice!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

drahtlose mini-tastatur mit eingebauter maus. (it is very much pronounced like the written druch above)
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

For better DivX playback try Zoom Player at http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/

I have a Marvel G200 and the same CPU and sometimes I'd get stuttering with DivX Player and WMP, but with Zoom Player everything plays perfectly.

I've been wanting to build something like this except with 2 massive HDs for capture and storage, a HDTV card (cause I'm in the US), an infrared remote, 7.1 sound, and DVD-(whatever the hell the standard is for burning). But then I remembered I'm in college and have no money, but a man can dream...
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Very impessive work. Wish I could read Dutch
                      Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Hey, who needs a translation????

He used Duct Tape and a Hammer. I understand perfectly.

Nice !!!!

Paul
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

LOL
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks guys :-)

At first i had a matrox g450 but , with games i got that stuttering cause of lack of hardware cloning. so i got a g400 with that chip on it. Much better now.

Ill try zoom player for beter divx playback this week.

Sorry that its dutch.. the txt is not much interesting anyway..

i can tell you that i had to saw off 1 cm of my soundblaster to make it fit. you can see in the pictures the before and after :-)

I just need some nice software like windows media center of media-box, but they all miss options i need..

Comment

Working...
                            X