Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh, it looks like the 6.52 MS Pro 6.5 patch create incompatable DVD files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh, it looks like the 6.52 MS Pro 6.5 patch create incompatable DVD files...

Okay, this is making me really upset. I just finished a really long and complicated DVD authoring process and DVD workshop won't accept a file as DVD compliant that was rendered using the NTSC DVD template in MS Pro. This is the second time I've authored this project since the first time the source video file had a few small corrections. After rendering the source the first time I installed the 6.52 update and now the same rendered file (with small corrections) is not DVD compliant! This sucks, I don't know if I have the endurance to author this monster again.

I wish DVD Workshop could relink to the same file after re-encoding and preserve menus and such.
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

You did install 6.51a then 6.52, right?

Try installing these new MPGVOUT files and see if that helps;

Copy these over the files in;

c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg

You may or may not have the MPGVOUT.000 file, but copy it in anyhow. Reboot after installing them.

They are newer than those in 6.52.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Did a 2hr 8min project at 4000 VBR with the new DLLs. Came in at 3.58GB and DVD MF imported it without problems. I'm trying to figure where I want chapter points now. I wonder how man "dead zones" I'll find.

--wally.

Comment

I've just ripped 2 h 29 min of Francesco Rosi's Carmen with Migenes-Johnson, Domingo, Raimondi and Esham in the leading roles, from VHS, to back up onto DVD (for my own use). I used 3300 CBR to produce a 3.86 GHz MPEG and this gave total DVD-R disk space, with MovieFactory, of 4009 Mb. I was surprised at how little of the original VHS quality was lost despite the low bitrate. It is certainly quite watchable.

OK, I didn't add a menu as I dislike taking extracts, out of context, from opera. MF did a good job. Not a single glitch in the 2-1/2 hours!
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

This is strange. Encoding the file with the 6.51 patch created a compliant file. Using 6.52 did not. I re-encoded using 6.52 again, using the same settings and this time the file was compliant?
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Stranger and stranger......

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I've ocassionally had Create File produce uncompressed RGB instead of DV. File size is a dead give-away. Seems to happen only if I've created an NTSC DVD mpeg file and then try to export a clip as DV, but I can't reproduce it on demand to file a bug report.

--wally.

Comment

This was a strange thing. I am quite sure I created the correct type of MPEG-2 file since I used the MS Pro template and the file size was right on.

Only happened that once but I learned my lesson well. Always create a quick test of the DVD file in DVD Workshop before doing any time-consuming editing. Make sure the video isn't re-rendering before starting to author!
                - Mark

Comment

was it the sound setting?

Did it tell you why the file was non compliant? The main problem I used to have was the audio sample rate being set to 44100hz instead oof 48000hz. DVD will only accept 48khz

Comment

Movie factory does not recognise mpegs bigger than 4GB. If intending to use a bigger file, use DVD it!
                    Orbital

Comment

DVD MF 2.0 does support >4 gigs.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Orbital. DVD MF will accept MPEGs a bit over 4GB, unfortunately when you go to the scene selection step it thinks your video is X-4GB minutes long :-(

Distressing how often this happens to me that I'm under 4.3GB but over 4 :-(

If you are way over, I assume it'll tell you its too big for the disk which is 4.36 GB for DVD-R and ~ 4.5GB for DVD+R, but to be honest, if I'm that far off I've never tried loading into DVD MF, I just delete the file, cuss a bit, and start rerendering at a lower bit rate.

--wally.

Comment

Oww! I just noticed I spelled incompatIble wrong!
                          - Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X