Deferred rendering
    etc...

To be called DeltaChrome9

Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Vertex Shader 2.0
    Pixel Shader 2.0
    16x MSAA

Seems like it has 8 pipelines

Remember what the KyroII did for bandwidth efficiency.....

Well, should have enough power for 16X MSAA with better quality than FAA.

Now all it needs is drivers (S3/VIA)...(hehe)...

Comment

I just love those marketing names. It has a V8™ engine!!!

Comment

Well, the got the marketing names very good, again, now let's wait and see what the hardware actually does. Let's hope this doesnt go the usual way...
        Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

I still don't know if it is real or not... There are only a few strange PDFs floating around, and the S3 Graphics website is slow, looks weird and most of the links lead to an "under construction" GIF...

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
            I just love those marketing names. It has a V8™ engine!!!
            LOL! I am wondering how much "horsepower" (clockrates) it has

Anyways, it is good to see that another developer jumps on the high-end(?) graphics market again, I wish that PowerVR would actually release their new chip too in the next year, then we would have nVidia, ATI, S3, Matrox(?), and PowerVR.
            Specs:
            MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

and then if nr9 and rendition would come back too, the whole group would almost be complete again
              Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

V8™ ? How long do you think it takes before Ford, GM & Chrysler reply to that?
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

It is not a deffered renderer, it does use some similar techniques tho. But technically it is a imr.
                  -Slougi

Comment

But what is this??? http://www.s3graphics.com/DeltaChrom..._Rendering.pdf

Sounds like HyperZ combined with deferred rendering. I supposed we'll have to wait to see a bit more...

Comment

Bah, it's not an ENGINE, it's made out of a zangy veggy drink!.

Comment

Make sure to check www.s3graphics.com

Many dead links, but seems to be pointing to things to come....

Comment

Looking at it more carefully, I'm getting more and more into the idea that it's all a hoax. Just look at their site and the pdf files, it's all so cheaply done. Maybe they got hacked?

Comment

For some time now, S3/VIA has had the Columbia on their roadmap for Q1 2003....

Comment

Wonder if they will step on their dick like Trident did
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X