Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just realised how annoying banding really is.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just realised how annoying banding really is.

ive returned home after 3 months with parhelia at uni to use my brothers ati radeon ve and what a pleasure it is to work without banding. when i scroll through work and these forums the screen is always jerking as theses lines fly up the screen, its so annoying , i love parhelia but really am thinking of returning it as it distracts me no end, but then life without triple head is unpleasant to think of now
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Re: just realised how annoying banding really is.

Originally posted by borat
    ive returned home after 3 months with parhelia at uni to use my brothers ati radeon ve and what a pleasure it is to work without banding. when i scroll through work and these forums the screen is always jerking as theses lines fly up the screen, its so annoying , i love parhelia but really am thinking of returning it as it distracts me no end, but then life without triple head is unpleasant to think of now
    Sorry, but you are seriously full of shit.

The banding does not affect 2D. If there is interference in 2D then there is another issue.

And another thing, I hate the word banding. It doesn't accurately describe the problem at all. Banding implies that colors are tied to one another and not gradient. sheesh.

Rags

Comment

Uh Rags, we had a bad day today did we?
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
        Uh Rags, we had a bad day today did we?
        Nope. I just can't stand misinformation based on the bandwagon mentality.

Rags

Comment

Originally posted by Rags

Rags
          I'm with you, Rags!

Comment

Rags, he didn't say what exactly his work is... if it involves video overlays, he very well could be affected... just ask Maggi...

and what would you call it if its not banding, especially since we don't have *any* idea what is really going on....
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Rags
              So that justifies comments like:
              Sorry, but you are seriously full of shit
              Why are you always flaming people Rags?
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I'm with Guru.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Rags
                  Fine, so why not put it in a more polite reply like "I'm sorry but I think your misinformed"
                  When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I have to admit, the flame was maybe a little exaggerated and uncalled for...but the rest of rags' post makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                      I'm with Guru.
                      Same here.
                      -Slougi

Comment

Well....maybe this line was just misunderstood?
                        when i scroll through work and these forums the screen is always jerking as theses lines fly up the screen
                        Sounds like he was scrolling the forum up and down and getting the banding.....
                        ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

i get banding carnt say it does it when i scrol up and down web pages..........
                          The underlying fact of the essence of life is if you stand on your head everything becomes upsid edown

Comment

Well whatever it IS, it is not the "banding" that most of us have seen.

The "banding" we're refering to only occurs when utilizing overlay (like playing a vid) or when 3D is being used.
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                              Rags, he didn't say what exactly his work is... if it involves video overlays, he very well could be affected... just ask Maggi...

and what would you call it if its not banding, especially since we don't have *any* idea what is really going on....
                              I happen to disagree with Maggi's stance on overlays. I have yet to see a single problem with overlay and the horizontal interference that can be seen in 3D gaming. This is with 5 parhelia cards now.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X