TV Out, Picture size recorded / played back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Out, Picture size recorded / played back

Well here's another try at asking a question.

I've seen several posts here on black borders on TV-out and resizing. I've seen none though on the following, apart from Flying Dutchman who never got a solution. I've also searched the forum to no avail.

When recording directly from a video source or Marvel tuner. The recorded picture when played back is missing a large part on the top / bottom and a little on the left / right when compared to the original picture from the video source. Looking on the computer monitor, the picture size is exactly what was on the original source when shown on TV.

Annoying part here is that subtitles or logos which are in the correct position on the original source are suddenly partly below the top / bottom border or on its edge when played back though the Marvels TV out. There is no editting done between recording and playing back.

It's even so bad that if you repeat recording from video, playback to VCR and recording the playback again that you gradually are left with less and less of the original video source.

It seems that the Marvel cuts off part of the picture transferring it through its TV out. I've tried several settings but none of them gives the correct result. Basically what is needed is similar to the adjustments you can do with the computer monitor when its size it not correct. These though are nowhere to be found for the TV-out.

I'm a Marvel G400TV PAL user with PD5.41 and vt1.52. Videosize is thus 352*288.

Can anyone help with this.

Thanks for any help offered.

Regards, droopy

there is an adjustment... first, set your display into tv out mode so you can preview it on a tv and know when it's right. then go to display properties--> advanced--> monitor settings--> adjust the current display mode.

from there you can adjust the size/position of the video that is output.

Comment

Working...
    X