Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie goes haywire

"You released the [bleep!] fury!"

"Yngwie Malmstein threatened to kill a fellow passenger on a flight to Tokyo, Japan after the woman poured a glassful of water on the guitarist.
    The passenger, who had no prior contact with Yngwie, allegedly overheard Malmsteen making derogatory comments about homosexuals and decided to show
    her disapproval by emptying the contents of her glass on the hefty axeman.
    A member of Yngwie's touring entourage, who was traveling with Malmsteen at the time, had a tape recorder running and managed to catch Yngwie's reaction on tape immediately after the guitarist was 'assaulted' by the offended passenger."

This link is to an MP3 of the recording:

Oh the poor baby. Got a glass of water poured on him. That was a very good reason to threaten to kill someone. 'Assaulted'??? Yeah right.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Well, if the liberal media had not brainwashed her into believing that any politically incorrect expression of feelings makes some level of physical assault socially acceptable, she would probably not have done it. What next? Left wingers beliving murder is perfectly justifyable and socially acceptable against those the liberal propaganda ministry has labeled "racists" or "right wingers"?
      Last edited by KvHagedorn; 13 December 2002, 17:27.

Comment

Man, if I had a nickel for every time that someone doing something you oppose was blamed on "brainwashing by the liberal media," I'd be filthy rich. Nobody has as the time it would take to construct all these conspiracies that your paranoid view projects on to the rest of the world.

I get the feeling that YM didn't exactly express his views all that well, since didn't exactly conduct himself in any respectable way <I>after</I> the tape started rolling. If anybody called a girl I know a "****," I'd have expected to hear the sound of the slap on his face as well.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

See? Even Ant has that word filtered out.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
            Man, if I had a nickel for every time that someone doing something you oppose was blamed on "brainwashing by the liberal media," I'd be filthy rich.
            hehe i was thinking just the same! right on spot!
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
              Man, if I had a nickel for every time that someone doing something you oppose was blamed on "brainwashing by the liberal media," I'd be filthy rich. Nobody has as the time it would take to construct all these conspiracies that your paranoid view projects on to the rest of the world.

I get the feeling that YM didn't exactly express his views all that well, since didn't exactly conduct himself in any respectable way <I>after</I> the tape started rolling. If anybody called a girl I know a "****," I'd have expected to hear the sound of the slap on his face as well.
              I never said it was a conspiracy.. I remember a quote somewhere that I will paraphrase : "Never attribute something to design when stupidity will more easily suffice."

Besides, you cannot deny that the mood of the country is set by the prejudices of the news media in great measure, nor can you deny that the news media is dominated by social liberals. (Well, I suppose you could deny it, but then you'd be a politician.)

Comment

I wouldn't go out and call Fox News "liberal"...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Neither would I (though they are only one island in a sea full of sharks), but see my comment here...

They get really flustered and indignant when they cannot control the brainwashing of the American public, too.. you should have seen Geraldine Ferraro and (I cannot remember the other prominent liberal) on Fox news. They were INDIGNANT in attacking the ownership of Fox news as some sort of far right evil entity, simply because they were not in line with their propaganda objectives.

Comment

Not much of a swede leftin him, eh?!

Comment

Well, if the liberal media had not brainwashed her into believing that any politically incorrect expression of feelings makes some level of physical assault socially acceptable, she would probably not have done it.
                      I'm not saying what she did was right, I'm just saying that threaten to kill her for pouring a glass of water on him was going a little to far on his end. I agree he should have the freedom to say whatever he wants without the fear of any sort of "assault".

Joel
                      Last edited by Joel; 14 December 2002, 20:55.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Not so simple....

...such a comment could be construed as verbal assault...
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I grew up as a kid learning the old saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". In other words I shouldn't worry about what someone else says about me it's what I think of myself that is more important. But of course if I am insecure in who I am then what someone else says would bother me. That's why when Wombat calls me a racist I don't really get too upset about it because I know better. I don't judge a person because of their race. Some of my best friends are black and I would stand up for them in a heartbeat. Then again they are pretty secure in themselves too and don't get too upset over what someone else might say either.

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

We all live on the same planet, and we all contribute to its downfall.
                            We are borg.

Yngwie Malmsteen, whining sod. Ha ha...
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Wow, it's fun to hear swedes talk realy bad english with realy thick accent
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X