This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathe Gurm...

Okay, Gurm, I think we've all realized that you're in a bad mood and you're a little pissed at Greebe. You can stop now.

-Signed by all of MURC but Gurm
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

_I'M_ in a bad mood?

Tell ****wala the wonder chimp to stop deleting my posts. THEN I might calm down.

Until then, I'll nurse this as much as I have to.

You KNOW I'll win.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm,

Have you forgotten your valiums ??
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Gurm,

Greebe only had moderator rights over General Hardware/Software, it's not actually possible for him to delete all your posts. Ant on the other hand...

As for the winner...well, I don't actually think you can 'win' per say with that kind of attitude. It only makes people think you're acting more like your kid than he is.

Jammrock

Comment

A lot of threads have been closed, and posts deleted lately. Some I can see why. Others, I am not so sure about. If it is a heated discusion, I think it should be allowed, unless there is a good reason, I.E. personal attacks that go over the line. This is over the line.

/down off soapbox

But then I guess everyone's idea of over the line differs...

EDIT: Made more clear.
          Last edited by Byock; 13 December 2002, 14:39.
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

*shrug*

I already have the reputation as the biggest ****ole on the block. What have I got to lose?

He, on the other hand, is exposed as a complete ****wit.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

And you don't consider his avatar and sig a personal attack????????????

Plus he is posting this crap in every thread.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Just because he deleted one stinking post doesn't make him some imaginary sexual smart-ass.

You've gone above and beyond the call of ****ole with this, Gurm. You've gone plaid!

Seriously, Gurm...enough already.

Jammrock

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
                  And you don't consider his avatar and sig a personal attack????????????

Plus he is posting this crap in every thread.

Joel

Yes, I do. And even I think it is over the line.
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Must lighten mood...

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Gurm if you don't like the way the forums are moderated you should take it up with ant over in the Site Feedback forum! But you might want to have a look in theforum survival guide first!

And @ the same time have a look at Ant's reply!

Originally posted by Ant

On the subject of moderators, these people have been chosen by me to help out on what is a pretty tough job, keeping these forums in line. The MURC is run pretty much single handedly by myself so I'm sure you will appreciate by the volume of posts made in these forums is a tough job to keep on top of all the threads. The forums have been up and running since back in 1997 and have formed what I think is a very good community. With any community new comers may find things a little strange, not understand some of the customs and traditions and will obviously not be aware of some of the informal rules that have formed over the years. We can be pretty strict on some things, but if you knew the history of why I'm sure you'd understand, we have had several instances in the past where these forums have almost been destroyed, both physically and culturally, by one or two individuals and I'm not prepared to let that happen again so at times I'm afraid some people do get stomped on quite heavily.

Moderators have been chosen by me from people who have been long standing residents of this community who I respect (oh God I'll never hear the end of that one! ). What I ask of the moderators is that they keep their forum on topic as much as possible, transfer threads to a more appropriate forum if necessary and let me know if any trouble appears. I do not demand that they suddenly change into a different person when they become moderators I take 'em warts and all Just because someone is a moderator does not mean you should expect them to be angelic, not answer back or flame back when they get flamed. I do ask that they behave ina way befitting the general community spirit that we have here.

People on these forums do have very good senses of humour although being such a diverse bunch a lot of it doesn't cross cultural barriers as easily as we might wish, especially my own. I find a lot of these types of misunderstandings are due to people misreading the intentions or humour of others. If you think some of these mods are mean then you should have been here back when I was trying to do it all on my own! With regard to the deletion of threads and posts by moderators they are free to do this in their own forum if they percieve the thread or post to be worthy of this. If they are unsure they always come to me and I deal with things directly. Moderators do not delete things just because they don't like them personally, hell if they did the Soap Box forum itself would have been deleted the way poor old Joel got abused when he took over!

Ok so all I'm asking now is we all shake hands and put any perceived differences and arguments aside and lets get on with things. Lets all be a little more tolerant of our neighbours and reread things if you are unsure of interpretation to avoid misunderstandings and arguments.
                      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

*sigh*

Look, I didn't post ANYTHING inflammatory at first.

I posted that Mozilla sucks.

I think that many people would AGREE with that assessment.

My post was deleted, and Greebe logged into the Burning Designs IRC channel to specifically take me to task for insulting Mozilla.

WHAT... THE... ****?

So I posted a MORE reasonable response, explaining that Open Source software has a tendency to develop "unexpected" behavior, and not correct that behavior for several revisions due to the very nature of it being "Open".

Also deleted.

That was TOTALLY uncalled for.

I scolded him back, and he banned me from #murc. That's something that will shortly be rectified... and I won't be UN-banning him until I get the apology.

Well, things just took off from there.

Do I intend to apologize? No, sorry I don't.

If I can't criticize Mozilla and/or Open Source software on this forum, I don't think I want to hang out here any more anyway.

Clear enough?

- Gurm

P.S. My avatar and .sig stay until my posts get restored. Simple enough.

Comment

Heh, I feel your pain man. It's like the time Grubs made an ass of himself with that whole sub thing and the just deleted all posts and then lied about it. But don't let him get to you. I just ignore him mostly. (I bet this post is deleted soon )
                          System Specs:
                          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Clear enough?
                            How about telling them what was really said and what was done.
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

They just have to decide - which one of us is lying?

I say it's you.

You say it's me.

Is the truth "somewhere in between" or are you - who have done this before - the liar?

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                              X