Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPEG quality fix for MSPro 6.51a/6.52.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG quality fix for MSPro 6.51a/6.52.....

I posted about these files a few days back, calling for "volunteers" to test out some new MPEG encoding modules for MSPro 6.51a/6.52.

Well...the results are in and they are very good. These files up the quality of Uleads MPEG.now encoders and not by a little, plus they get rid of some gribbles at lower bitrates and pulsating artifacts most often seen in still image slideshows.

Ulead will be putting them into a new patch soon enough, but you can have them now of you want. The full instructions as to how to install them and a link to the download are in this post;

The only additional thing you should do is to reboot the system after they're installed. One person reported that they didn't work properly until he did, but that was one person out of several.

Also: no need to copy the old files out before copying the new ones in. If you have a problem with them you can just run the MSPro etc. uninstaller and choose the "repair" option to set things up the "old way".

Before anyone asks: YES, they work for not only MSPro 6.5x but also from within VideoStudio6, DVD MovieFactory or whatever other programs you have that use MPEG.now. This same folder's files are used by all Ulead programs that use the MPEG.now engine to encode MPEG's.

Enjoy.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 December 2002, 10:20.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I assume that is DVD Workshop as well?? I will test it and report back..

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

As far as I know all MPEG.now enabled products use the files in the common files/ulead systems/mpeg folder.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X