Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows update borked bad thing or good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows update borked bad thing or good?

Looks like Microsoft have got a problem these days with there update site. Most of the time it seems to be down or like as present you can't download anything from it or it downloads at a dismal 2k per 4 minutes. Thats from work or from phone so it's not the machines or the providers.
    It's a bugger writing down the patches and downloading them from the website even better when the file can't be found.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Perhaps has something to do with your location?

The 4 new patches that were offered when I tried just now, zoomed down at 512K.
    Lawrence

Comment

I got 3 critical & 3 other updates for XP yesterday afternoon. They came down at the rate TP describes, and then one of them didn't even manage to install!

T.
      FT.

Comment

This has been going on and off for a month now. Had a call to the helpdesk yesterday Blah Blah Windowsupdate doesn'y work hasn't for the last three weeks Blal Blal . Not our fault Blah Blah I want it fixed and so on.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hmmm,

While windows update has been slowish for me, it seems to work at least
          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

I had that problem yesterday TP, I'll try now
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

still constipated
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I wonder if it's there Linux servers acting up
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hows this for slowness 2mb only 80% downloaded time so far two days.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

finally downloaded and then failed

Comment

Windows update was acting wonky for me yesterday too...not even sure if it ever finished before I shut the machine down last night.
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Just keep trying to do the install, it'll succeed in about 3 attempts.

Comment

Its borked for me too. In my case the .NET update seems to be the main culprit. Downloading the individual smaller security updates seem okay. Not as fast as usual from the MS site, but they work.
                          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

It hasn't been working properly the last month or so. Solution: use the automatic download feature from within control panels. Works like a charm even if the site doesn't.

edit: for win2k - xp that is...

Comment

Office update is down too.
                              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Working...
                              X