• The MURCer Council

is time for me to buy a new card.

What the MURC council say?

Should i buy the Parhelia?
    Should i wait the revised parhelia?
    Should i wait the already taped out P2?
    Should i buy a different vendor card?

Thank you

I say start by finding out what you expect from a graphics card, then check which card satisfies your requirements.

Comment

1. Should i buy the Parhelia?
      2. Should i wait the revised parhelia?
      3. Should i wait the already taped out P2?
      4. Should i buy a different vendor card?
      1. Well, you know the issues people are having. You're informed enough to make the choice.

2. What revised Parhelia?

3. P2 is canned. Go read TCB.

4. That's what I'd do.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat

3. P2 is canned. Go read TCB.
        I wouldn't consider ex-Matrox employees as good sorces of information....

Read the post Haig wrote on December 11, 2002 08:32 AM
        Last edited by [GDI]Raptor; 12 December 2002, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor

Well Vigiant isnt a ex-matrox employee..and has been 98% correct with his info.

Please wake up and smell the coffee. I bet my Radeon 9700 that Matrox Graphics won't be around in another 6 months or so. The managment is really ****ed up and doing all this cutting of its ASIC engineers and driver programers isn't bodeing well for them.

Haig has tow the company line and if he did say something he could loose his job...so can't quite take what he's saying as gosple since he has knive to his back figurtiving speaking.
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor

They've sacked a considerable ammount of people recently, this is fact not rumour and most affect their ability to design new products
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I consider former employees better sources than Haig. I respect and appreciate Haig, but Matrox really gags him. He also doesn't say anything to support your side, Raptor. He says that there are rumors - he says nothing about their credibility.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Rumours coming from all sides...it's hard to decide what to believe or not...

I just bought a Radeon9700 for games as it was below 240 EUR (I'm buying w/o taxes).

But then I found some P at about 350 EUR, cheaper than what the local distributor (official) offers, so I might just buy one too. It'll drive 3 screens if I'm lucky, just 2 otherwise...

Comment

Re: The MURCer Council

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter
                  is time for me to buy a new card.

What the MURC council say?

Should i buy the Parhelia?
                  Should i wait the revised parhelia?
                  Should i wait the already taped out P2?
                  Should i buy a different vendor card?

Thank you

What gfx card you got in your Amiga?

Comment

"What gfx card you got in your Amiga?"

Good question.

I Must choose the same or better card from the same vendor.....

Comment

This is the best parhelia 128 price i found in italy:

MAT006 MATROX - PARHELIA 128MB 388,00 + IVA 20% = 465,5 EUR

I found a gf4 4600 deluxe at this price 345,00 + IVA 20% = 414 EUR

The R300 9700 Pro = 396,00 + IVA 20% = 475,2

Any evidence of the Matrox resurrection?
                      Last edited by Amiga Blitter; 14 December 2002, 15:48.

Comment

Working...
                      X