Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

El cheapo christmas gift for the missus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El cheapo christmas gift for the missus?

I was thinking of throwing together a compilation tape for my better half.
    But rather than it being a collection of what i have around at the moment, I was wondering if you guys could suggest some tunes?

Some thing along the lines of Frank Sinatra's 'The way you look tonight'?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Paddy; 12 December 2002, 01:32.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

You should ask the murc girls. I'll ask Alice to log on and help you with that.

Comment

Thanks

Come on lads, what's your wifes/girlfriends/partners/chickens favorite soppy song?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Well, there is of course the obligatory "Unchained melody" by the Righteous brothers. Then there is "Wonderfull tonight" by Eric Clapton; "A whiter shade of pale", Procul Harum; "I just died in your arms tonight", Cutting Crew; ...
        You know, the classics!

There is a compilation series of romantic songs here in Belgium (and the Netherlands), called Knuffelrock: http://www.knuffelrock.nl/ . Although the site is dutch, you can still see which songs they put on it (esp. the earlier albums contain great numbers).

(oh, why a compilation tape, and not a compilation CD ?)
        Don't forget to make a nice cover for it, it really makes the gift more personal.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

We are spending chrisdtmas appart this year, so I'll make her a CD for at home, and then a tape for when she is in the car.

Comment

Different girls have different musical tastes.. don't you know any of her favorite artists?

Comment

I just saw her eyes light up last night when Frank Sinatra was on which gave me an idea to do a classic love song type affair.

So, I want to know what your favorites are... Just to give me some ideas

Comment

Jenifer Rush "The Power of Love"...
                FT.

Comment

Thanks it's on the list

Comment

Yup. Good ol' Frank gets in.

My problem would be this: the stuff I like doesn't necessarily match her taste too closely. So I would have to put some Madonna or something on there...

But then something that reminds her of you... so a bit of whatever you're into would be good. But not too much

Making tapes/CDs like this - I find that the order of the songs is quite important to achieve the right "effect" - so when you have a list then see what follows each other best...
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                      YBut then something that reminds her of you... so a bit of whatever you're into would be good. But not too much
                      Peter Sellers "Goodness Gracious Me"
                      FT.

Comment

Eric Clapton, "Wonderful Tonight" iirc...

have not heard it in a while...

Edit: Eric Clapton is NOT Elton John... hah...
                        Last edited by DGhost; 12 December 2002, 04:47.
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Chris de Burgh, "Lady in Red"

And now I'm going to go and have a cold shower - I HATE soppy songs. Brrrrrr......
                          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

me too, hence the request for help

Comment

Just browsing my MP3 directory for suitable suggestions (Note to RIAA - I have all the originals I just MP3'd them for convenient computer listening )

How about Chris Isaak's "Theme from the Jaguar X-Type Advert" (Wicked Game, as its also known), the Four Tops "Reach Out", "Its All in the Game" and "What becomes of the broken hearted", Gabrielle "Give me a little more time", Eric Claptons "Layla" from the Live and Unplugged session, Dire Straits "Romeo and Juliet" Monty Pythons "Argument Clinic" and probably most of the Robbie Williams "Schwing while your grinning" cd.
                              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
                              X