0.23 Percent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.23 Percent

I thought this was worth sharing. The gentleman featured in the article is my Best Friends brother and my good friend. There are 3 pages just in case you can't see that at the bottom.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I hate to say this about your buddy, but here in Michigan he'd be in for life and most everyone...me included....would be cheering.

After picking up the pieces caused by those dumb SOB's for over 25 years I've had it up to THERE with drunk drivers

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      I hate to say this about your buddy, but here in Michigan he'd be in for life and most everyone...me included....would be cheering.

After picking up the pieces caused by those dumb SOB's for over 25 years I've had it up to THERE with drunk drivers

Dr. Mordrid
      I expect this comment from most people. The truth is though, unless you have been there like i have, you see a different perspective. I've learned that someone can still be in the wrong for something without hating them. Before the second 'incident', I would have been right there with you cheering, but it is extremely difficult when you know someone on a very close level. I feel really sorry for the family of the victim. They deserve something more than what they got. I guess the real feeling for me at this point is sad So, in the end, this is why I posted this so people will think next time before they drink and drive. Oh and one more thing Dr., have you ever drank and drove?

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yet alcohol is legal.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
          Yet alcohol is legal.

Joel
          No shit. Pot is illegal but Alcohol is legal. Where is the sense in that? I have driven many times both stoned and drunk and I can tell you from experience that driving stoned is barely any different than normal. Driving drunk on the other hand is insane and stupid. I can't believe it took me so long to stop doing it.

Dave

Comment

I don't agree with a lot of what MADD preaches. For example, they tag "alcohol related" on any accident where any driver (not just the at fault driver) has a BAC above 0.0%. If you have half a beer, and are then struck from behind at a traffic light by some moron talking on their cell phone, it's called "alcohol related".

However, in this case, his BAC was triple the limit, and he was seriously wasted. In that case, he should be locked up for life AT A MINIMUM.

How hard is it to get this concept? If you're trashed, or even if you're feeling buzzed at all, get out of the car. Go take a nap for a couple hours. Call a cab, and pick up your car tomorrow. Or, and this is pretty radical, if you drive somewhere, and you know you have to drive home later that night, PUT THE DRINK DOWN!! Sure have one beer. Maybe, for some people, two might even be ok. Even that is risking it though. I know I start to feel it after two (even if I'm not technically drunk or anywhere near the limit at that point) and I'm a big guy at 6'6" 230lbs.

Basically what I'm trying to say is SMARTEN THE HELL UP!
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I have driven many times both stoned and drunk and I can tell you from experience that driving stoned is barely any different than normal. Driving drunk on the other hand is insane and stupid.
              That's one of the reason why I hardly drink today. Because when I did I always felt so totally out of control. I knew several police officers as I was growing up who said that they would much rather have had to deal with someone who has been smoking pot verses someone who has been drink. They said that most people who are drunk tend to get mean when confronted. While most of those that are stoned are just so laid back.

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Basically what I'm trying to say is SMARTEN THE HELL UP!
                Because alcohol is a posion to the system it effects it as such and totally impairs your ability to think.

That's why an ugly girl look prettier after a few drinks.

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
                  Because alcohol is a posion to the system it effects it as such and totally impairs your ability to think.

That's why an ugly girl look prettier after a few drinks.

Joel
                  It's that concept that leads people to think that being drunk is an excuse. I can't stand it when people blame alcohol for the stupid things they do, whether it's driving into things, beating up their S.O., or just basically being an ass. If you're the type that can't control your actions when drunk, maybe you should make the decision (during one of your sober moments) to find a different hobby...
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Everyone has a dark side. Some people feel the need to release it, and think being drunk is an excuse to deny responsibility. They are encouraged in this by the masses of people who also think it is an excuse. It isn't.

Comment

I sin with a drink from time to time. Never been drunk and if I drive with some alcohol in my system (usually wine) I drive a bit slower (rainy day driving, closer to the legal limit) and I'm extra careful.

Comment

In this particular case, incarceration would not have the intended effect....
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I drink, and when I do, I NEVER drive. Even the smallest drink is enough to stop me getting in the car. I stick to soft drinks when I am driving.

I see it like this (I am a pretty cautious driver anyway): when you are driving you are basically in "control" of a lump of metal travelling at speed that could easily kill any living thing. Not very many other circumstances give you the same power over life. So if driving, drink, drugs etc are NOT OK.

Of course, given the choice, I choose not to drive
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

It's that concept that leads people to think that being drunk is an excuse. I can't stand it when people blame alcohol for the stupid things they do,
                            Reread my last two post and then reread my first one. I'm not trying to use it as an excuse. I just asking that if alcohol can cause such problems why is it legal while other drugs that cause less problems are iilegal.

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

I hardly ever drink when I'm out anymore, and if I do its usually a glass of wine or half a pint with a meal and it has a few hours to settle in before I have to drive anywhere. My body seems to process alcohol abnornally quickly anyway, which might help.
                              Even so, I never have more than one pint if I have to drive the same night. In my case, after a drink I usually drive so carefully and with such attention that it probably compensates for the marginal dulling of reflexes.

I have to be careful as I drink cider, which is usually 50-90% stronger than regular beers. And it tastes better too
                              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
                              X