Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MediaStudio Pro 7.0 announced for March....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaStudio Pro 7.0 announced for March....

Now I can talk a bit since Ulead has announced it for March.

MSPro 7.0 product announcement....

With a 3+ ghz P4 it can do 5 DV video streams in realtime (this is a lot given the RT.X100 can do just 2 w/current drivers), supports dual CPU's; uses a multithreaded code base (HT support); fully supports both 4:3 and 16:9 capture/edit/export; supports either type1 or type2 stream capture/edit/export; fully supports realtime preview/scrub/export to Preview window, dualhead display (ie: Matrox's DVDMAX) and IEEE-1394; all effects dialogs support preview devices listed above; supports Standard Timeline, Summary Timeline and A/B Roll modes; batch and scan-capture supported; there is a new multichannel audio mixer; loads *.swf files to the timeline & much, much more than I could even start typing in one post.

In short: it's a f*****g beast.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 December 2002, 16:45.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

With an ETA somewhere towards this coming spring, I wonder what you would put forward as a really nice MOBO for this, Doc?

I'm about due for an upgrade on the MOBO here, but there hasn't been any reason to do so. With the advent of the upgrade on MSP, though, now I think would be a good time to plan for the new board.

Jeff B

Comment

Sounds like a 3+ ghz P4 or Hammer cored Athlon will be the meal ticket for this animal. We'll have to see what's in the market when the time comes.

What amazes me is that I can do 2-3 realtime DV streams with just an AthlonXP 2000+

What the extra horsepower will go towards is using its large collection of realtime transitions & filters with those streams.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 December 2002, 16:48.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

They only talk about Intel's P4 in the press release, how about the upcoming AMD chips? I wonder if it's now time to move to Intel to take advantage of HT in MSPro 7.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if it gets bundled with more card vendors or will they wait for Adobe to do a catch up job??
          paulw

Comment

It's an amazing application.

It puts the hardware board makers in an interesting spot.

MediaStudio Pro 7.0 *clearly* makes the 1st generation 'real-time' hardware boards obsolete.

Remember this all-new software real-time performance is possible with nothing more than a plain, vanilla OHCI compliant DV board.

Incredible.

I think the jury is still out about which processor would be best.

Those hyper-threaded Intel processors look very tempting, but I'm also intrigued by the upcoming AMD Athlon-64 processors.

Note the new support for Type 2 capture and output...

...and the support for real-time, full-screen display on a second CRT monitor, TV, or 1394 display device.

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Let's see...

1. support for non-square pixels
            2. complete support for 16:9 aspect ratio
            3. multi-track audio mixing
            4. PRE-SCAN TAPE LOGGING!!!

Jerry Jones
            I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
            Last edited by Jerry Jones; 10 December 2002, 19:24.

Comment

"And a partridge in a pear tree....."

Yup...it's a POWERFUL piece of work and I for one can't wait to see if the Hammer cores deliver better performance than the P4's HT can deliver. It's going to be a fun spring.....

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Wow, the quoted dramatic speed improvements and HT (multithreading) support seem to indicate that the core has been recoded. Hopefully we won't see a backward step in stability and bugs. 6.5 has become a quite stable product.

That being said it looks superb. I am definitely going to upgrade my 2.4Ghz P4/845PE based system to a 3.06HT P4 when the prices come down to Earth. Or at least reach the Solar system, or perhaps the Oort cloud, aww hell, let's say within 1 light-year of our solar system.
                - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

What's been listed in the press release and here are just the tip of the feature iceberg. Up to our arses in new features & changes to test we are....and some of 'em are just too cool.

Also: don't ignore that they announced a multi-threading core and dualie support

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 December 2002, 22:00.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Sounds too good to be true! What worries me a little is
                    will it work on my exisitng P4 1,6 GHz 512 Mb hardware, under W2k?
                    If not, an upgrade may be financially embarrassing. If so, what features am I likely to lose? And, please, don't tell me that it requires Win XP.
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

No...it doesn't require XP

I'm using it with the AthlonXP 2000+ & Win2K SP-2 and all I've lost is the ability to do a couple of overlay layers with several filters in realtime, and that's with a CPU that doesn't do SSE2. Your P4 does do SSE2.

What I'd like to see is MSP7 with dual HT P4's or Hammer cored Athlons

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks for the info. Any chance of a pre-release copy ?????
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

No

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Has anyone made any comparisons of the latest MPEG patch to the 6.51 patch to see if there is a difference? Does this patch just address the pulsating stills issue or are there more comprehensive improvements?
                            - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Proper application procedure;

6.51a patch
                              PowerPatch II

If you're having a problem with the pulsating VBR or low quality you should first install the above patches then try replacing the MPEG export files in c:\program files\common files\Ulead Systems\mpeg with the contents of this *.zip (~635k);

MPGVOUT replacements....

Please report on if they help or not. I just got 'em from Ulead this morning.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 December 2002, 12:59.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X