G450, DVDMaX problemz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450, DVDMaX problemz

Hello all , I've been lurking quietly for awhile now , but don't recall seeing this one.
    I just (!) got a DVD ROM for my PC and want to run the video out to my TV to watch movies(works wicked on the PC) , I own a G450 dualhead(actually two in two different PC's) and have it working... somewhat ,the problem is , I DO have a picture to the television , but it is black and white and after a bit of digging in the config , I found the color , hue , etc settings , BUT they have no effect on the picture , I am using a composite video connection (RCA) as that is all that is available to me , believe me if I had an S video connection I would.
    I am using the Matrox DVD software player
    the system itself is as follows
    PIII 800EB w 512mb SDRAM PC 133 , 2x 40gb WD 7200 rpm drives
    MSI 815 EPT-Pro mobo, Netgear FA 311 NIC , SB Live! Platinum 5.1 running to the home theatre amp , Win2k Pro , Sony DVD DDU1621 and last but not least , the G450 dualhead with the latest drivers , any help would be greatly appeciated , I'd really like it to work

Northernsilver make sure you haven't enabled the B&W output in the drivers (I don't know actually on which tab page it is on). And check the TV output settings NTSC or PAL, etc.
    And make sure your using the right breakout cable, the G400 and G450 use different breakout cables maybe you got the wrong breakout cable.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Hi , thanks for your reply and sorry I didn't thank you sooner
      I have not even tried it out again since , but will post what I learn from this experience
      cheers

"northernsilver"

Comment

Working...
      X