Basic Capture App for ADVC100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Capture App for ADVC100?

I need a basic capture application that works well with the ADVC100. All it needs to do is capture the DV stream coming from the ADVC100 to HD. Something like Vidcap but for DV.

Preferably freeware.

Any ideas?

Thx
    J-kun

I haven't tried it yet, but it's "free" (built into XP): Microsoft's Movie Maker 2 beta at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...maker2beta.asp allows you to capture video.
    Has anyone tried it and is it any good?

Comment

Thanks, but I would prefer an app that's less bulky (or I could use MSpro or something like that) and that I can run on W2K.

J-kun

Comment

Amcap?
        Lawrence

Comment

Thanks for the link. That link leads me to a Microsoft page about Windows XP SP1 and how to program DirectX for video capture.

I did a search on that page for amcap and all I could find is a link sample application in the C++ SDK (which I don't have)

Has anyone ever used this? Will it work on W2K

Before I bother people asking them to send it to me I better make sure it's working. Unless someone's found it in .exe format on the MSDN site?

Thx!

J-kun

Comment

?

I have amcap.exe sitting on my W2K pc and it is working.

Dont know where I happen to have bumped into it, but you are welcome to a copy of it if you want - about a 1M file.

Grabbed the wrong link - sorry - should have been this - guess when I saw "video capture" at the bottom I assumed that would be better.
            Last edited by LvR; 11 December 2002, 03:24.
            Lawrence

Comment

Thanks for confirming it works on W2K.

So it will have no issues capturing for long periods (NTFS drives)?

I sent off an email to a couple of colleagues here at work who program. If they can't get it I will bother you a bit more

Thanks a lot for your help sofar!

J-kun

Comment

Welcome anytime.

Dont know about the NTFS and max file lenght issue though. I think this is a tool left over from my beta days somewhere, as I cannot remember the last time I actually used it - MSP/Premiere/Studio is now flavor of the day.
                Last edited by LvR; 11 December 2002, 03:36.
                Lawrence

Comment

That was quick, I now have amcap in my mailbox here at work. I also got an app called DVcap. Same family, SDK demo application.

Do you know anything about this? Just curious, I'll try both at home tonight, but here at work, can't run them.

J-kun

Comment

Don't know DVcap - but would like to know about your experience for future reference if you don't mind.
                    Lawrence

Comment

if you pm me your email addy I can send it to you now

J-kun

Comment

Working...
                      X