Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MilleniumG400MAXDH + RR-G400 = MarvelG400TV ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MilleniumG400MAXDH + RR-G400 = MarvelG400TV ??

Recently, I have decided to buy a Board for Video and TV. I put my eyes on a RainbowRunnerG400 because I already own a MilleniumG400MAX.

I have read reviews of the MarvelG400TV and would like to know the differences between the Combo (MilleniumG400MAX with DualHead + RainbowRunner for G400) and the MarvelG400TV Card.

I would be thankful for any replies.

The short answer is "not a lot".

The long answer is that the Marvel gives you a nice BOB (Breakout Box) that sits on your desktop, which saves digging around behind your PC if you need to replug for different input/output devices frequently.

On the other hand you'll get AvidCinema as your editing suite, which the forum generally has decreed is NOT a desirable item (despite my in-depth article on it a year or so back). If you decide on the RR-G, you'll get a (slightly) cut down version of Uleads MediaStudio, which is a full-blown editing package with a steep learning curve but excellent control.

So really, you need to make the choice between a pretty (and useful) piece of plastic, or a full-featured editing package. Forgive me while I sit on the fence...

Comment

I have the combo G400Max / RRG
      Before that I had a G200 Marvel
      with a the breakout box mentioned..
      If you are not in the habit of plugging and
      unplugging all the time. the only difference
      you will notice is a little cleaner work area
      (as you don't have to find a place to put the
      box itself) Also the Max is faster than the
      G400 Marvel which is based on the G400 (Non-Max) SO you get more bang for you buck!

Comment

but dont forget those "slight" screwed up frames that people had (still have? heheh, my marvel-g dont even sit in my box anymore...) with a g400(max or no max) and a marvel g series...

Comment

Working...
        X