Need a dead/experiment Parhelia. WILL MAKE ALLOT OF PR FOR MATROX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a dead/experiment Parhelia. WILL MAKE ALLOT OF PR FOR MATROX

Im in a huge surge for a dead/experiment Matrox Parhelia Card.

i doubt anyone in here havent seen the Execelent cooling made on some cards from www.zerofanzone.co.uk and they are extreme nice.

I know this guy and he agreed to make me one for my Parhelia but he refuses to make it on a working card so i need your help, this will make allot of PR for MATROX because of his famous handcraft ship.

does anyone have one to give away or know where to turn.

This is also for my Final Exam in school, all help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Skee^; 9 December 2002, 11:57.
    Intoccabile

why does he want a dead board?

Comment

not destroy a working card, due to statics when working with it.

ive talked to Matrox Germany and tried to make a deal with them.
      The CEO of nVIDIA contacted me and i gave him the first project and got several samples in exchange. that was nice

The deal i tried to do was if i got 2 working samples i would keep on for my friend and make one with Custom made watercooling system and send back to Matrox but they did not answer.

ive earlier had a alliance with Gainward and got a free GF4 XP 750

latest project was http://www.deviantpc.com/articles/ati9700wc/index.shtml

But now i need a card to work on anyway.

//BladeRunner
      Last edited by Skee^; 9 December 2002, 12:46.
      Intoccabile

Comment

I have a dead one. I sent it off to have it custom fitted with a waterblock. Should be back in a few days. Email me if you're still interested.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
        ASUS A7N8X
        Corsair 1GB PC3200
        Parhelia 128MB
        EIZO L685EX

Comment

Originally posted by Skee^
          not destroy a working card, due to statics when working with it.

ive talked to Matrox Germany and tried to make a deal with them.
          The CEO of nVIDIA contacted me and i gave him the first project and got several samples in exchange. that was nice

The deal i tried to do was if i got 2 working samples i would keep on for my friend and make one with Custom made watercooling system and send back to Matrox but they did not answer.

ive earlier had a alliance with Gainward and got a free GF4 XP 750

latest project was http://www.deviantpc.com/articles/ati9700wc/index.shtml

But now i need a card to work on anyway.

//BladeRunner
          I don't see where the problem lies. Just warn the happy lender he probably won't see it back in working condition. It's also easier to find a working board than a dead one

Besides, you'll need to move to the real thing sooner or later to test the baby

Comment

This will make no good PR for Matrox, as those who test will find that extreme cooling is not going to help current Parhelia chips.
            The cards are clocked near their limits already, and a simple HS/fan upgrade will get you as good as the chip can do. Going to a more extreme cooling solution is not going to get the card to run any better.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
              This will make no good PR for Matrox, as those who test will find that extreme cooling is not going to help current Parhelia chips.
              The cards are clocked near their limits already, and a simple HS/fan upgrade will get you as good as the chip can do. Going to a more extreme cooling solution is not going to get the card to run any better.

If you have read the Reveiws on www.zerofanzone.co.uk the purpose is to make a quiet PC not overclock.

Just read the web adress www. zero fan zone .co.uk
              Intoccabile

Comment

link correction: http://www.zerofanzone.co.uk/

edit: nvm

Comment

nice rig u have there man! luv the 550W enermax PSU

Comment

why watercool when you probably can achieve the same effect with passive convection, like some of the Zalman range of videocard heatsinks, perhaps modified to fit on it?

Comment

because no form of convection cooling can compare to watercooling
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

sure it can't, but can it cool the Parhelia good enough?

Good enough is what counts in a situation where OC is not the goal, but noiseless operation

Comment

I know that and you know that, but do all the others know?
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know about dead Parhelias but there are a lot of faulty ones around

I humbly apologise to all those afflicted with bandyitis.

Comment

Originally posted by XHotKolaX
                              I have a dead one. I sent it off to have it custom fitted with a waterblock. Should be back in a few days. Email me if you're still interested.
                              Im verry intrested... ive had emailed u several times but no answer.. are u alive?
                              Intoccabile

Comment

Working...
                              X