The Churchill you didn't know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Churchill you didn't know

I knew he was a tad unsavory at times, but some of these really floored me.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

There is no article at that link.

Comment

Thousands voted him the greatest Briton - but did they know about his views on Gandhi, gassing and Jews...

was this is Wombat?
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Yes, that's it. Odd that it doesn't work when I did a copy & paste from the browser.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Certainly not the commonly accepted mystical churchill presented in common history....
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Of course not.. grief, surely you all know by now that history is written by the victors.

Comment

Unless you're Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                Unless you're Japan.

Comment

He means Japan is kept in the dark about their role in WW2.. you know, little things like Pearl Harbor and the massacre of 600,000 Chinese.

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge.
                    Especially now with all the Korean tech coming here (cell phones, computers etc) we're hearing again about their competition against Japan and why they still hate Japan so much.

Comment

Here's a quick overview:
                      The Japanese emperor's godlike status has not changed since the second world war, according to a new exhibit at the country's most popular war museum.

Comment

Very interesting read.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          Yes, that's it. Odd that it doesn't work when I did a copy & paste from the browser.
                          More oddness: I clicked on the link last night, when your post was the only one here - and it worked. Did you edit your post at all? Looks the same to me...
                          Meet Jasmine.
                          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Oh, they know but yes its not taught in schools. some of the information they do learn is incorect, and the text books gloss over a huge amount of facts.

There is a big fight going on here amongst the ruleing party and the academics about teaching the truth to the younger generation.
                            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

That certianly does paint another picutre of Churchill...

~Sethos
                              "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X