Service pack for XP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service pack for XP !

Well I decided to give it another try with my Parhelia as with my Geforce 4 I had nothing but problems anyway's I'm getting round to testing games etc and I'll see how it goes. The first thing I did notice was the muCH!! better sound quality over the original XP build or is that just me??

Might just be you, or it might be the updated Directsound, or it might be updated drivers (or partial drivers) for your sound card.

But yeah, XP SP1 is a quantum leap. It's what XP should have been when it was released.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

As it always are with MS OS'es

(Strangely enough, I have never considdered their office releases as hurried or buggy )
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Actually, the improved sound quality in XP SP1 is related to improved upmixing on AC97-compliant cards due to the new kmixer.dll developed with the help of M-Audio....

Are you running the onboard audio or the Live???

If running the onboard audio, make sure to use NVidia's 2.0 Nforce drivers.

Seeing as they give you support for ASIO, you can then use the ASIO plugin for Winamp for output, along with the MAD input plugin.....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

K6 I'm using the Live at the moment as there seems to be a common problem with this particular Abit board where programs such as Roger Wilco or Gamevoice dont work.

Comment

[i]
            Seeing as they give you support for ASIO, you can then use the ASIO plugin for Winamp for output, along with the MAD input plugin..... [/B]
            Hm.....

I can't find that plugin

Google only takes you out on a ride....

not listed on winamp.com.....

Could you please post a link?
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Still crashes often when EMule is running.

Comment

Here's a link to the ASIO plugin for winamp: http://www.aikis.or.jp/~otachan/out_asio.html

Comment

Here's a link to the ASIO plugin for winamp: http://www.aikis.or.jp/~otachan/out_asio.html

Comment

The kX drivers for the Live does also give ASIO support.
                    <font size="-4">User error:
                    Replace user and try again.
                    System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
                    System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
                    </font>

Comment

Originally posted by Zao
                      The kX drivers for the Live does also give ASIO support.
                      Only ASIO 1.0 support, while you need ASIO 2.0 for the plugin....

Comment

Taken from the FAQ on kxproject.spb.ru.

Q. Does the kX driver have ASIO support? ASIOv2?

A. ASIO v2.0 - based hosts are fully supported, however, some ASIO2 features are not implemented due to hardware limitations. 24-bit ASIO support is planned for both 10k1 and 10k2 as soon as possible (first for 10k2, later for 10k1 too).
                        The plugin works for me with an 10k1 based card.
                        <font size="-4">User error:
                        Replace user and try again.
                        System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
                        System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
                        </font>

Comment

Does ASIO give better sound quality?
                          Where can I find more information about ASIO?
                          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Working...
                          X