Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al-Qaeda has officially taken responsibility for attacks against Israeli targets

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al-Qaeda has officially taken responsibility for attacks against Israeli targets

I wonder what will the political meanings of this be as it becomes more and more proven that:
    1. Al-Qaeda is also a direct enemy of Israel and not only of the U.S and (lately) Australia.
    2. Al-Qaeda is collaborating with the Palestinians and are working for the Palestinian cause.
    3. Al-Qaeda and the Hezbolla are working in conjunction against both Israeli and American targets worldwide.

WW-III anyone ?
    I heard it'll only be released for the Playstation 3

There's just one teensy problem in starting WWIII....who will be attacked? I doubt this can be done on a "Al-Qaeda has moved into country X, let's bomb the hell out of country X"...i think a new approach needs to be devised in dealing with this kind of stuff.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I like the "Swordfish" approach

They blow up a church, we blow up 12.

They hijack an airliner, we tactically nuke a medium-sized town.

Our job is to make the consequences of attacking American civilians so horrific that nobody would ever dare use terrorist tactics against us.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

An officer here talked about a fear factor like in the cold war to be instituted against the Arab nations by stating that any attack of mass destruction aimed against Israel would cause a nuclear attack against Mecca and Medina.

I'm not for seneless killing of opressed people, but it makes me wonder. What would happen in someone was to destroy the holy stone in Mecca and turn the perimeter where the stone once was into a radioactive hell for the next century...

I know that *I* believe in God. Not in stones. Even though the dome of the rock is sitting on the holiest spot for my religion, my faith in god as that of the people who lived before me didn't change.
        The Islam on the other hand seems very attached to land so I wonder what impact would it have on it.
        On the other hand, land might be nothing but another excuse for sensless killing of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
          There's just one teensy problem in starting WWIII....who will be attacked? I doubt this can be done on a "Al-Qaeda has moved into country X, let's bomb the hell out of country X"...i think a new approach needs to be devised in dealing with this kind of stuff.
          It has already started, the rules are a bit different though.
          Think about two blokes trading blows.
          At least here, there's an unwritten rule that says you shouldn't hit another guy in the balls (or anything like that) nor pull hair.

Now let's assume someone surprises you by pulling your hair real hard and then kicking you right where it hurts. Since he just did two things that aren't in the "code" of a fist fight, is it still a fist fight ? Maybe he's trying to murder you ? Or...?

War has no rules. The last decade proved that all treaties signed (Geneva for example) weren't worth the paper they were written on. You, I and most of the people here on the murc preceive war like a fist fight. There are sides to the fight, there are rules etc. When a hurricane slams something in your face, it isn't a fist fight for too many reasons to count. Yet, you are still in some kind of a fight. You are still "attacked" by something you *think* you understand.
          WW3 is a different war because it's a war against another culture with a whole different set of rules. Call it sci-fi, call is fantasy, call it the twilight zone. Call it anyway you like, in the end, it's war. Different of anything you knew before yet still the same.

Oh, and forget all the movies where we fight against Aliens. Here you see how the whole 'magnificient' western culture of ours can't adapt to a new style of war from another human culture. Do you really think humanity could so easily adapt to an alien warfare ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
            I like the "Swordfish" approach

They blow up a church, we blow up 12.

They hijack an airliner, we tactically nuke a medium-sized town.

Our job is to make the consequences of attacking American civilians so horrific that nobody would ever dare use terrorist tactics against us.

- Gurm
            The same tactics were deployed by the Nazis against citizens of occupied Europe during WW2, in response to attacks by the Resistance movements.
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
              The same tactics were deployed by the Nazis against citizens of occupied Europe during WW2, in response to attacks by the Resistance movements.
              AFAIK the KSA isn't occupied by the U.S so the 9/11 terrorists weren't exactly a Resistance movement. Not to mention they attacked U.S civilians in America rather than attacking U.S militaty forces stationed in the KSA.
              It's a whole different ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                AFAIK the KSA isn't occupied by the U.S so the 9/11 terrorists weren't exactly a Resistance movement. Not to mention they attacked U.S civilians in America rather than attacking U.S militaty forces stationed in the KSA.
                It's a whole different ball game.
                Why? Because they wear different clothes and speak a different language?

"We're the French resistance, we're going to kill some German soldiers."
                "We're the German Military, for every German you kill we'll kill ten of yours."

VS :

"We're Al-Qaeda, we're going to kill some Americans."
                "We're the American Military, for every american you kill we'll kill ten of yours."
                Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Gurm,
                  The Swordfish aproach don't work against terrorists in general and al-qaeda in specific...

Why?

Because they are not a country or a isolated bunch of people....

and lastly....

If you fight fire with fire, then in the end YOU are the pyromaniac
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

How convenient. You can't get world opinion on your side because of constant crimes against humanity and collective punishment, so you associate the worst known terrorist group to your ennemy and call it "official". Yeah, uhuh.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                      Why? Because they wear different clothes and speak a different language?

"We're the French resistance, we're going to kill some German soldiers."
                      "We're the German Military, for every German you kill we'll kill ten of yours."

VS :

"We're Al-Qaeda, we're going to kill some Americans."
                      "We're the American Military, for every american you kill we'll kill ten of yours."
                      I think you didn't pay attention to the details. Please re-read my post. The KSA isn't occupied by the U.S while Europe was occupied by the Germans.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDonAntonio
                        How convenient. You can't get world opinion on your side because of constant crimes against humanity and collective punishment, so you associate the worst known terrorist group to your ennemy and call it "official". Yeah, uhuh.
                        This is the same thing that Bush try do to with Irak when its administration is saying that Saddam and Bin Laden are on the same side.

The sad thing is that most american believe him.

2400XP, aiw 9700, 512 mb ram

Comment

Originally posted by ElDonAntonio
                          Check your sources...
                          View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health at CNN.com.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Think b4 you speak, it might be a great new experience...

Comment

The American media are almost as anti-Western Civilization as al-qaeda is.

Saudi Arabia is the enemy of the West. I don't know how overt it needs to be. Most 9/11 terrorists were Saudis. The royal family and others with wealth there support the wahabbi missionary movement with all their pockets. This movement sets up mosques and religious schools all over the muslim world which basically teach hatred of the West and provoke holy war against us. They even have the nerve to expect us all to convert to their own pan-arab movement which is disguised as this religion. Terrorism and subversion is the effective result. Everything else is bullshit. They have oil we want? Fine, but why are we giving them money for it which goes toward terrorist attacks against us and our own defamation? If they want to play that way (which is perfectly in line with their backstabbing culture) to hell with them. Just go in and blow them all to hell, then TAKE their oil.

Comment

ElDonAntonio,

Let's cut it out with the bleeding heart crap. We've been over it before.

And jeebee... you have 7 posts. AT LEAST 1 in 7 is useless crap. GREAT ratio.

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X