subimage cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subimage cache

I have a Matrox G550 video card running under W2K. I recently installed the Matrox Technical Support Tweak Utility v5.02.04 and under the Miscellaneous tab is an item listed as SubImage Cache Size.

Does anyone out there know what this is? By default it is set at 524288 Bytes

Look in the MTSTU help file.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The help file within the Matrox Technical Support Tweak Utility v5.02.04 mentions nothing about the SubImage Cache.

Comment

I'm running v4.02.04 and it documents it ...
        SubImage Cache – increase/decrease your AGP texture cache size.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Does the documentation suggest any values that might be considered other than the default? I tried to increase it to 1 MB and got a bluescreen.

Strange the documentation would be missing in the newer version.

Comment

maybe that's because the newer (and the last btw) version is completely different and somebody forgot to mention about subimage cache while writing new readme...

Comment

Originally posted by daniewicz
              Does the documentation suggest any values that might be considered other than the default? ...
              The quote above is the only documentation I see regarding that feature. I've never experimented with it myself and mine defaults to 512 KB under W2KAS for my G400 Max: I imagine the default is the same for everybody. You might try your luck with a different version of the utility.

Comment

Working...
              X