Wal-Mart: We steal the toys of poor children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart: We steal the toys of poor children

I think they are generally one of the most unscrupulous companies in existance. Here's more proof:

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

That's horrible.

Comment

No security cams aimed at the toy bin, how convenient for the bastards

Comment

What an A-hole
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

They will get what they deserve eventually!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

wow... thats incredible...

Wal-Marts are really twisted... i've never seen another store where entire familys go shopping at 1am...

near my mothers house they want to build a Super Wal-Mart right across the street from the King Soopers. its... not sane... especially cause the King Soopers is pretty much the only thing there and the commerical area is about 5 minutes down the road...
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

hello capitalism
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Ordered them all placed back on the shelves huh? I bet most of them were in the Wal-Mart shopping bags they were purchased in.

What a crook! If someone left the receipt in the bag he would probably return the item for cash.

I'd fire his a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                  hello capitalism
                  ferengi style
                  you just need the rules of acquisition to become official and legal and you're all set

Comment

Charles Dickens would find himself quite at home in the USA of the present day.

Wal-Mart's CEO received a pay package of $11.5 million last year, while the people who work in the stores make poverty-level wages averaging under $11,000 per year, mostly without benefits of any kind. They are also forced to work several hours off the clock every month for no pay. No politician can be trusted to help these workers since, though they are poor, they are usually white, and white people are ALL the opressors of the Democrat's black-hispanic-dumb college-kid constituancy, and their elitist-feminist-snob party leaders have no sympathy for poor white people, who are really just scum to them, since they are white and being white have had "every opportunity" to better themselves. The elected politicians of both parties are owned by the corporations anyhow, so we can expect nothing more than a widening of this 1000-1 pay margin in years to come. We are all too stupid and complacent to do anything about this here, unfortunately.

Comment

Oh something can be done, but with 40hour+ workweeks the norm, there is little time for people to organize political movements...

Nonetheless, I suggest that we do indeed make a movement out of this, right here on the good old MURC....
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Yeah everything about Wal-Mart has gone down hill since Sam Walton died and left things to the rest of his greedy family.

Joel
                        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Sounds just like the bastards I worked for 6 to 7 years ago. Wal-Mart hasn't changed. The only thing the managers are interested in with very few exceptions is getting promoted so they have to deal with the peons less and less. My store manager was OK, but with the rest of the management team being a bunch of greedy bastards the store still sucked.

With the lack of information passed around in these places as well as the rampant stupidity, chances are that someone that did not know what the bin was for put the toys away or was told to by someone else who didn't know.

Comment

Was uncle Sam really any better? True, some Wal-Mart employees got stock in the company when it was growing and able to grow fast, and finding ready prey in every locally owned retail business in small-town America, thus he inadvertently made some of his workers well-off as he became a multibillionaire, but I don't think he ever offered health insurance or other benefits.

Now, if you are poor and want to have a job in some of these places, you are forced to become a serf under the mighty fuedal lords Walton.

Comment

I hate Wal-Mart. Fortunately there are none of them in NYC.

Comment

Working...
                              X