More GeForce FX Details (Benchmarks)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More GeForce FX Details (Benchmarks)!

Dont know if this has been posted before but.... http://www.aceshardware.com/read_news.jsp?id=60000459

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Wooo the numbers are unreal!!! Well thats if they are not made-up.

Certainly out of this world!! Crazy...
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Very impressive numbers, but then again what did you expect from a part launched 6 months after the 9700???

Comment

Hmm, paper numbers for a paper launch, how appropriate

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Natures a bit slow I'm sure I beat that at the same res.

Anyway ATI have said they've got something to slam the FX as soon as it comes out and that was about 4 - 6 months ago. I presume they going for revenge after the last couple times Nvidea released a new product striaght after them.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yup...Ran the nature test at exactly the same settings as displayed in the article and got 37.2 FPS with my 9700 at default clock speed....just 3 fps less....
            note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
            P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Too be honest graphics cards well Ati's and Gfarce are getting so fast at gaming the only things they can compete against each other is IQ in 2d. This why we nead matrox to be strong. IN 3d games will be going so fast you won't notice the differance unless you put up the fps counter.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
                Wooo the numbers are unreal!!! Well thats if they are not made-up.

Certainly out of this world!! Crazy...
                A few months ago people said the same to a graphic chip released by ATI... and I bet in about 12 months we will say the same again to yet another ATI chip and a few months later to another NV chip, and then to....
                Specs:
                MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                  Too be honest graphics cards well Ati's and Gfarce are getting so fast at gaming the only things they can compete against each other is IQ in 2d. This why we nead matrox to be strong. IN 3d games will be going so fast you won't notice the differance unless you put up the fps counter.

That's true...At least until developers increase the overall visual quality of their games to a significant enough degree to actually start to stress recent video cards again....

Notice how up until very recently,cards had only up to a 4x AA setting(excluding matrox's FAA of course),and they're now moving on to 6x FSAA(R9700),and even 8x FSAA(GFFX)...Just what the doctor(or marketing dept...) ordered to make sure that upcoming cards will get a significant speed hit to still make Fps comparisons meaningfull again...

Personally,i play all my games at 1600*1200 16x aniso and AA isn't really an essential feature at those resolutions anyhow....
                  note to self...

Primary system :
                  P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Yup and when doom3 runs at 500 fps on any card from ATi and Nvidea whats going to make your mind up which you buy. The one that looks better on the desktop at high res.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                      Yup and when doom3 runs at 500 fps on any card from ATi and Nvidea whats going to make your mind up which you buy. The one that looks better on the desktop at high res.

The really histerical part about all this is that even Doom 3 won't pose as much of a challenge(much to the dismay of JC,i'm sure...),to cards that will be available by the time the game is actually released(possibly Q3~Q4/2003).

Here we have a GFFX aparently able to hit nearly 50 fps at 1280*1024 which is already pretty decent to begin with,never mind the ones that will show up later in the year(R350/R400/NV35/parhelia 2),so i don't really have any problem in believing that any one of those cards can realisitically run the game just fine at 1600*1200 or better....

Btw...the frame rate in doom 3 will be intentionally caped at a max of 60 fps and i'm not sure that editing the Doom 3 CFG file will change that,so i don't think we'll see the same Q3 situation happening....
                      note to self...

Primary system :

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                        Hmm, paper numbers for a paper launch, how appropriate

Dave
                        I second that, can't wait to see it for real though.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by superfly
                          The really histerical part about all this is that even Doom 3 won't pose as much of a challenge(much to the dismay of JC,i'm sure...),to cards that will be available by the time the game is actually released(possibly Q3~Q4/2003).

Here we have a GFFX aparently able to hit nearly 50 fps at 1280*1024 which is already pretty decent to begin with,never mind the ones that will show up later in the year(R350/R400/NV35/parhelia 2),so i don't really have any problem in believing that any one of those cards can realisitically run the game just fine at 1600*1200 or better....

Btw...the frame rate in doom 3 will be intentionally caped at a max of 60 fps and i'm not sure that editing the Doom 3 CFG file will change that,so i don't think we'll see the same Q3 situation happening....
                          Your missing my point as graphics card come more and more powerful to the point that eye can't different which card is going the quickest at the most complex part of the game with everything turned on your left which looks best at the highest 2d quality.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

IMO, now tha nVidia is up there in speed then shouldn't they try to work on the quality of their graphics? (or even the heat genrated by the new gpu?)
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                              IMO, now tha nVidia is up there in speed then shouldn't they try to work on the quality of their graphics? (or even the heat genrated by the new gpu?)

Can't really comment graphics quality wise(i'm assuming 2d quality here),but as far as cooling goes...I'm thinking that Nvidia is feeling the pressure from ATI and has to resort to using such an extravagant cooler to try and get every last MHZ out of that core...Even if it means loosing a PCI slot in the process...
                              note to self...

Primary system :

Comment

Working...
                              X