Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plague of pimples blamed on bread...

Just a little medical input..

The latest science and technology news from New Scientist. Read exclusive articles and expert analysis on breaking stories and global developments

So if then junk food is not to blame, then here I come McDonalds, and in a few years I can sue them for obesity...

James..
    Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Just another scientist going for research money. Anyway the problems solved when you shave it shaves the heads off.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Aye... Next week... It's back to that Junkfood is the source of Pimples..

James..
      Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Add a couple more.

Stress
        Lack of Sun
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The diabetes link to low-fat/high-carbo diets has been suspected for a long time and the acne link makes perfect sense.

Ever since these so-called "healty" diets were promoted by health agencies and "diet experts" the high glucose levels caused by the carbo loading have actually been making people fatter, diabetic and otherwise UN-healty

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 December 2002, 08:25.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That does make more sense. Poor Chocolate has always had a bad rap...
            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Look if you reduce or get rid of acne whats the poor teanager going to burst in front of the bathroom mirror.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                Look if you reduce or get rid of acne whats the poor teanager going to burst in front of the bathroom mirror.

ROTFLMAO!!
                "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Ever since these so-called "healty" diets were promoted by health agencies and "diet experts" the high glucose levels caused by the carbo loading have actually been making people fatter, diabetic and otherwise UN-healty
                  Very true. The current so called healthy american diet that stresses the ingestion of many carbohydrates, polyunsaturated oils, margarine, and soy, at the expense of meat proteins and saturated fats is perhaps one of the least healthy diets possible.

Yet if you listen to the charlatans at the American Health Association and at your local HMO, they for some reason, still recommend to eat this way...

Comment

That's because nutritionists and physicians are trained, like teachers, by groups dedicated to the "methodology dejour" theocracy in power at the time....even if it's outdated or even just plain nonsensical.

This is unfortunate because by the time the damage some of these methodologies cause is admitted to it's nearly too late to fix.

Examples: our health care mess and ineffective schools, some of which are nearly beyond hope.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 December 2002, 14:37.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                    X