new keyboard & mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new keyboard & mouse

My original M$ Intellimouse Explorer is starting to get really tatty, and i've had my Compaq keyboard for 8years now.

I think it time that they could both be retired to the server.

I am gonna want something to go with my legacy free board (when I get more cash) and I dont want to spend too much money.

I like the idea of cordless, but i am not sure how practical it is. I dont want to have to replace batteries every x months. I heard someone mention bluetooth in another post...?

What's new and cool out there? I like the look of the Logitech MX700 mouse

Any suggestions?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

The MX700 kicks ass and I would definately recommend it. Logitech just released a new MouseWare version that fixes a lot of the problems the MX700 was having in games, esp with the scroll wheel. It's a solid mouse.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Here's a good question(s) for you Buddman...

How well do you think the MX700 would work out for a person who is on a computer say 16 hours per day (sometimes more)? How long do the batteries hold up on a full charge and what is the recharge time from an inoperable state?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Greebe, just about to ask
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I love my Logitech combo Internet Nav. Keyboard and optical mouse....the keyboard has extra keys that really are useful, a very ergonomic design and works both with PS2 and USB. As for the mouse, I'm still not sold on the wireless ones, you could get a Logi MX500 which seems to be great.
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I strongly recommend MS keyboards and mice.. especially the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 and a MS Internet or Multimedia keyboard (and if you like ergonomic keyboards, get the Natural Elite).

Comment

The original IBM AT keyboards are very hard to beat, as long as you can live without the Windows keys.
              Having three of them plus two for spares in the cupboard is a good incentive to me to remain legacy enabled
              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I'm using a MS intellimouse optical and an old IBM keyboard, may it last forever.
                "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                  I strongly recommend MS keyboards and mice.. especially the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 and a MS Internet or Multimedia keyboard (and if you like ergonomic keyboards, get the Natural Elite).
                  4 years of Natural Elite (PS/2) here

Comment

search for 'faulty intellimouse return' and u may find that ms will send u a brand new one...absolutely free.

i did

apparently there was a design fault in some of them.
                    If you have a DVD of 'Wall Street' then message me.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      Here's a good question(s) for you Buddman...

How well do you think the MX700 would work out for a person who is on a computer say 16 hours per day (sometimes more)? How long do the batteries hold up on a full charge and what is the recharge time from an inoperable state?
                      I know my MS Wireless mouse lasts about 4 weeks before the batteries need to be changed out.
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I can only suggest the ms natural (either elite or pro).

mfg
                        wulfman
                        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                        "Lobsters?"
                        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

So everyone thinks MS??? Surely there must be some die hard logitech fans out there???

I am after an optical mouse. If its cordless then it has to be radio and i would prefer it to have some kind of docking station so i can keep it charged.

A cordless keyboard would be nice too... not sure how they are powered...

Comment

I'm a logitech man . I've got a mouseman wheel but they aren't sold anymore damn fine mouse, I haven't got any experience with the new logitech mouses.
                            I 've only got one experinece with a MS intellimouse, it died after 6 months.
                            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Paddy,
                              Believe it or not, Lydil!!!!! (SP) are doing a cheap radio mouse and keyboard for £35.00

The kbd is fine, the mouse is a bit ropey, (its a wireless anubis OEM thing) but for £35 you cant go wrong - especially if you are going to change it for a legacy free peice of kit in a while.

They are doing a rechargeable mouse only for £19

hope this helps

RedRed
                              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
                              X