I need Matrox Company History info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Matrox Company History info

Hey all I am writing a paper on graphics cards for a class and I have been able to find company info on all other major graphics cards companies, except for Matrox. Does anybody have any helpful links where I can learn about Matrox's company history? Their own website doesn't seem to do the job. Thanks in advance.

Write marketing and explain what you want and why you want it. I'm sure they will be more than happy to supply the info to you.
    Tyan Thunder K7|2x AMD AthlonMP 1.2GHz|4x 512MB reg. ECC|Matrox Parhelia 128|Full specs

Comment

I believe the the Matrox website has company info and a brief history.

of note...

and specifically
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

any info on their revenue between 1999 and 2001?

I found some info on 1998,1999 and 2002. doesn't look that great (been shrinking since 1998).

these are "pre-parhelia" numbers though....(still trying to find out how many they've sold )

Comment

Yeah... That number is listed just below "Who shot JFK?" entry.

Comment

You're not going to find out too much about the money, Kurt. Unlike the other companies, Matrox is privately held, and can keep all that information to itself as it likes (and often does).
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Goc
              Yeah... That number is listed just below "Who shot JFK?" entry.
              rofl
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                You're not going to find out too much about the money, Kurt. Unlike the other companies, Matrox is privately held, and can keep all that information to itself as it likes (and often does).
                There are some numbers around that you can verify/recoup from various sources.

The trend is pretty negative: 1998 ~$690M, 1999 ~$550M to 2002 ~$500M (estimates, ending march 31).

So...they've lost +/-30% in revenue since 1998. The 2002 numbers are based on pre-parhelia sales. I hope the P outsells the G550, but I doubt it given its high price point....

These are aggregate numbers as well, not everything come from mga. their share has been shrinking while the video products division is expanding -they still need a G550 core in these though...what are they going to do? buy ATi's?

Comment

Just for comparison, nVidia made $430M in last quarter, and Ati made $266.2M.

Here's some older marketshare data.
                  Last edited by UtwigMU; 6 December 2002, 08:26.

Comment

Maybe Dun & Bradstreet has more info.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Bloomberg has the company listed (obviously...), but no data is available (not entirely a surprise).

Statutory accounts should have been filed, but don't expect them to divide up the divisions or be particularly recent - and I don't know the the Canadian equivalent of Companies House makes these things particularly accessible.

G
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

you have to pay if you want a report

Comment

anyway...if the graph above shows anything it's that they should all copy Nvidia...

Comment

Working...
                          X