• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL! +20,000 3D marks!?!?

Look here.

Re: LOL! +20,000 3D marks!?!?

Originally posted by R.Carter
    Look here.
    Those two people have a VERY good reputation here in finland, one of them runs finland's biggest hardware site (http://www.muropaketti.com). IMO it is not fake.
    -Slougi

Comment

I don't see what is so impossible, 20.000+ 3DMark results have been obtained before with the R9700, I think by some crafty Japanese guys....
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

All you have todo is grab your measuing tape and be prepared when applying LN2
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

"LN2 cooling" pretty much says it all.
          I'm kinda suprised they didn't just dunk all the boards in liquid nitrogen. Assuming they could get it to run like that they'd probably get higher scores since thier setup doesn't freeze the memory & system bus.
          I recall seeing an article on [H] about doing this, though they did have some problems with it.
          I'd think the temperature differences and ice forming on the boards would have fried the system.
          OTOH, perhaps it can survive like that long enough to finish a 3DMark run.

Mike
          Mike

Comment

Check these out:

Mission Submersible 1
            Mission Submersible 2

Comment

Cool links, literally!

Comment

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

so what is the higest score for a computer that you can actually use in everyday life?

judging by the icons on that desktop, and that extreme cooling system, i kinda doubt that computer can be used for anything BUT 3dmark.

I know that 3dmark is a sport for some people, but what is the point in having a computer that can get 20000+ 3dmark, when it can´t play a single game?

optimizing/tweaking a computer for a single application is probably not that hard, optimizing/tweaking a computer for general computer use, is WAY more handy.

the fact that he only has 256mb ram and is running winxp, makes me think that it isn´t a computer with good overall perfomance.
                  Last edited by TdB; 5 December 2002, 12:40.
                  This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Big deal with a few tweaks in the bios ect someone acheived over 26000 marks with their Radeon 9700, in fact they posted a guide. I'm going to look for it tonight and I'll post it

Comment

well like you say TDB, it's a sport nothing more (and nothing less).
                      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Its kind of like drag racing of the computer world.
                        Not really a practical pursuit but its fun for some people.

PS LN2 makes jaffas nice 'n' crunchy

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
                          Big deal with a few tweaks in the bios ect someone acheived over 26000 marks with their Radeon 9700, in fact they posted a guide. I'm going to look for it tonight and I'll post it
                          The highest score on madonion is 21605 http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5241203
                          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

radeon cooling article http://www.muropaketti.com/artikkelit/cooling/r300_ln2/

Comment

@R.Carter: that looks exactly like my Rig.

P4 1.8A, P4T533-C, G550...

and funniest thing: i am also getting 1393 of 3d mark

Comment

Working...
                              X