Lack of updates and low performance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of updates and low performance!

Just thought I would drop an note to tell you why the output of team_dgc has droped and why our homepage www.teamdgc.com (and also www.distributedatmurc.co.uk) has not been updated in a while!

The main reason behind the lack of updates is becouse I bought a new appartment so I have been quite bussy latley!

Now performence wise I have been doing shitloads of benchmarks on my P4 system so it has been offline most of the time an also my server has been offline for over a week now becouse os a failed PSU fan (Read have sent the old to bee repaired and have not had the time to install a temporary one) also all my team_dgc homepage files was o this system so...!

Thats basicly why we are currently onlu crunching ~ 7 500 000 units a week! Also our G@H production has droped to almost nothing becouse of the client crashing for no reason all the time! Anyways we should be back @ full speed before the end of the month and I (we) are hoping to produce @ least 9 000 000 to 10 000 000 units a week(Read 1/3 of MURCS production!!!!)!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Congrats on the new pad Guru

Keep up the effort! Without Kim crunching we are in sore need of some crunchin' power.

If you notcied the stats the last couple days you might have noticed I FINALLY got around to all of my upgrades.
    Also adding my first P4 machine ever (it's FAST), a 2.53.
    I also upgraded all of my athlon procs and boards so that the slowest machine I have running now is a 1700XP and all my boards are now KT333's (or better) and my main machine is now a 2400XP on an Asus A7N8X deluxe with 1 gig of Corsair XMS 3500 CAS 2
    All machines got ram additions or upgrades and have at the very least 512 mb ram.

Might put together a 1400 I have parts for and possibly a 1200 Duron but not sure if that ones worth the effort or expense.

My production just jumped a little and never reached full capacity due to my youngest daughter thinking my main machine (I'm a little touchy about my Cheetah 15K machine and sudden shut downs ) and it's power button was her toy
    Had to take my P4 down in my office today due to new carpet being laid tonight and tomorrow. Production should reach full potential (close to 300k per day I guess) by Friday.

Keep up the effort as I have actually found renewed interset since building my Shuttle SS51G. It's a screamer and would make for an awesome DF fleet. If all goes well by Xmas I will probably build at least one more and maybe one each for my Wife and oldest Daughter.
    Last edited by rocketmanx; 4 December 2002, 19:17.

Comment

Congrats

The reason for my lack of updates is generally because I've been applying for jobs, and trying to get another few sites up and running.

And I am sadly the top producer in G@H at the moment I might change that, if I can be bothered (not likely then )

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Small update: Server still not crunching (Don't know about JJc's comps)
        Will try to get some more comps crunching over night(s) using the new dfGUI!
        JJc got himself a new toy P4 1.8GHz @ 2.xx GHz RDRAM sys currently only runing during the weekends!

[note to self]Must get server will be runing again next week![/note to self]
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Damn server will only boot @ stock speed! Think it's becouse of some faulty ram! PIV is also offline @ the moment (New pics comming soon!) Look for more updates on the page in the next couple of days!

Comment

Update on me (both personal and business ): I'm now in full time employment, which takes 12 hours of my time a day. D'oh.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Updated!

Comment

Will try to get my (faulty) Gainward GF4 Ti 4200 64MB Golden sample RMA'd this week (They are replaising them with AGP8x versions with bether memsinks) so comp1 whill most likley be back up next week! BTW Check out the updates on www.teamdgc.com

Comment

Home server down! Posting this from a cripled comp #1 (PIV comp1)! So the comps page etc is not up to date at the moment will try to get the server back online this week!

Comment

Working...
                  X