Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

different display resolutions possible with Marvel G400TV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different display resolutions possible with Marvel G400TV ?

A few years ago I purchased a Marvel G400TV, but I haven't used the dualhead feature in a while, just the TV viewer. I remember a possibility of using multidisplay mode with two different resoilution screens. Is that correct ?

At the office I use a Millenium G550 which does have that capability. Also with the possibility of not extending the WIndows Start bar on the second window. So effectively using the secondary display for special programs only. Or am I just confused ?

Thanks,
    Peter

Yes, the card is capable of independent resolution/refresh rate dualhead setup...

Comment

I might be way off, but I thought the Marvel <B>couldn't</B> have a second monitor, TV only ?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Damn... You're right...

Marvel G400 supports separate resolutions only if you hook up a TV or FlatPanel but after you buy a DVI upgrade connector...
        Thanks for the correction Wombat...

Comment

Thanks, but how ?

Thanks for stating that it indeed IS possible.

But you may have guessed that I was interested in also finding out how to configure it to do so ! I've been searching the settings for a while and am unable to locate the correct parts. Can you give me some details on that ?

I'm using W2K with the latest drivers and am indeed using a TV as the secondary display.

Thanks,
          Peter
          Last edited by pfranken; 4 December 2002, 00:51.

Comment

Well I guess there's not much difference from normal G400DH... Install drivers, enable DualHead Multidisplay, then using display properties adjust monitor/TV resolution/refresh rate... Pretty simple. That's why Matrox is still the king of multidisplay...

Possibly, you will have to use Matrox monitor tab in advanced display properties to make sure of refresh rates in games and such...

EDIT:
            eh, coming from a user that never actually owned Marvel G400 you should take this advice with a grain of salt, and probably wait for someone that has the card to confirm this...
            Last edited by Goc; 4 December 2002, 08:31.

Comment

found diff with WinMe/W2K drivers

I remembered that I still had a WinMe boot on my machine. So I tried it and found that the different resolution thing is possible with the old drivers installed there.

In W2K I vaguely remember seeing the possibility in the past but the latest drivers no longer seem to support this. (Not funny Matrox )
              I even did a complete uninstall/reinstall but no luck.

Anybody knows a good trick for this ? Hacking in the registry or so ? Old drivers (which) ?
              Or has Matrox this written down in some release notes !

Regards,
              Peter

Comment

You have to uninstall the drivers and re-install making sure that on installation you select "extra dual-head support" under win2k.

Do this with the 2nd monitor attached already.

It's been a little while since I had a G450 in tha machine, but I think this was the process - should be the same for you (?)
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I did, but didn't get the question. !

I know what you mean, the extra support question does show with the re-installation of the drivers for the G550 in the office. But not for the G400TV I use here at home.

Comment

Make sure you are using the absolute latest driver from the Matrox website. The Marvel G400 was the last card to get the independent resolutions. So more than likely the certified driver won't give you the option.

Also, be sure to run the setup.exe as installing through the inf will not give the option.
                    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                    people do all day!"

Comment

It works. Have now learned that there is really one driver for all cards. Just for some they stop support at a given version.
                      Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                      X