Money meter or statement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money meter or statement?

If it is possible without to much trouble, could we (please ) get a statement periodicaly on how much fund's that have been raised?

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

and how do you define status when all the funds neccessary could greatly exceed what's neccessary to keep the site alive? Especially so seeing we might need a legal fund to continue posting all that could be.

I mean, if we did the same thing like the United Way does with their fundraisers could have an adverse effect on funds recieved, especially once you get near the top. Many could say ehh, I'll let somebody else cap it off.

I can see a health thermometer sort of thing. One where the scale goes from "Attorney paid & fridge full of Beers" is at the top and "Filing for bankruptsy" at the bottom.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
      I mean, if we did the same thing like the United Way does with their fundraisers could have an adverse effect on funds recieved, especially once you get near the top. Many could say ehh, I'll let somebody else cap it off.

I would find it almost iresisteable to not "chip in" if the target was verry close

Especially as it is for something that benefits me
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Actually, I don't think we'd stop chipping in once we started.
        Once the money for keeping the site online is there, we'll start chipping in for upgrading / replacing the server, getting more bandwidth etc.

The murc can always get better

Comment

I'll have to get up to date with the paypal stuff as things go through that but it looks at present that we recouped about 1/3 of what I've paid out for the next 12 months hosting and licence fees so far. Thanks to everybody that has chipped in.

Comment

The pleasure is all mine Ant, you did start this thing up yourself so you deserve every penny.

You did get my donation right?
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Ant, how much did you need again? I thought it was for USD 600?
              Umf
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

We had to move hosting packages after all of the Parhelia frenzy so we get a more dedicated server. Not quite a dedicated server now but limited to 6 sites per server instead of 50 as we were previously. That has cost me $900 for the next 12 months, plus I've paid $60 for software licencing for the forums. We've so far raised $505.61 which is absolutely amazing!

Comment

Certainly did thanks Zokes

If people who have donated would like to tell me their real names and usernames so I can say thanks. I can put some real names to usernames but not most of them

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                  You did get my donation right?

Comment

Working...
                  X