Vcr < $150.00?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vcr < $150.00?

I'd like to replace my old vcr. Would like to get something with svideo ins and outs, if possible. Out more importantly than in. Another important factor is that it must be a small form player, 14 inches wide (due to how I have things set up right now). I'm going to hit some local stores tomorrow, but does anyone know of any models I should look out for? Or maybe even some non-svideo out models that are worth noting?

thanks
    WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
    Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
    HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
    HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
    Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
    ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
    Hauppauge Wintv #401
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Last time I was in Best Buy saw several SVHS's being sold for a tad over $100 that were small form factor

Panasonic and JVC were two of them I can remember off hand
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
      Last time I was in Best Buy saw several SVHS's being sold for a tad over $100 that were small form factor

Panasonic and JVC were two of them I can remember off hand
      oooh. Looks like I'm heading to Best Buy thanks
      WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
      Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
      HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
      HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
      Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
      ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
      Hauppauge Wintv #401
      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

I want to know who the pinhead is who designs these things to not remember the input selection and to make the it default to composite after a power loss!

Cheap JVC, not quite so Cheap Phillips and well above your range JVC 9800 all have this "feature" :-(

Don't get me started on the non-use of the number keys on the remote for programming and clock setting.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
        X