This you have to see to believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This you have to see to believe

The phone rings: tech support: "hello computer tech support " customer: "hello my computer was making a strange hissing noise last night and this morning when I turned it on there was a crackling noise and some smoke then nothing, if I bring it in can you fix it?" Take a look at the pictures.....you won't believe it!!!!

well at least it should have got the BUGs out of his computer LOL

Oh...what is wrong with his PSU?

see this is a proper general hardware post

Comment

EEK snake! (What's Jerry doin in that puter?

I had a big bug crawl into one of my systems a few years back. Heard this sharp grind and a quick snap with what sounded like pieces flyin about inside the case. Opened it up and there was a big bug (dunno what it was) that had been flayed by one of the 92mm fans. Sadly this bug was big enough to break one of the blades off and had to be replaced.

Even weeks later I was finding bits and pieces of it in there. What a mess that was. Just glad to be there at the time it happened
      Last edited by Greebe; 1 December 2002, 22:24.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, them snakes like the warmth....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Wow that's Pho-King crazy!!!

The worst I have seen is inside it's like a block of dust stuck in there.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I have seen mice nest's in computers, but they usually avoid the High voltage stuff...and stick to old computers with slow fans

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
              I had a big bug crawl into one of my systems a few years back. Heard this sharp grind and a quick snap with what sounded like pieces flyin about inside the case. Opened it up and there was a big bug (dunno what it was) that had been flayed by one of the 92mm fans. Sadly this bug was big enough to break one of the blades off and had to be replaced.
              What, the bug !?

Comment

I think now the snake is gonna be called. rosted@PSU Snake.

Yours faithfully,
                The AngeL @ Unreal Soldier

Comment

The worst I have encountered where ANTS and a lot of them!
                  In the school computer room one of the Computers were BSOD'ing frequently and when the tech opened it up he found a pretty big ant farm
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

One guy brought me an inoperative desktop system that he had been using under a through-the-wall air conditioner. I guess he thought it would be a nice place to keep the system and himself cool.

Anyhow....when I opened up the case there was a thick coating of black and brown MOLD growing over about half of the underside and top of the mainboard

Best I can figure is that the A/C was dripping small amounts of water that worked its way into the back of the case. Not enough gathered to short the board, but there was enough to raise the humidity inside the case and allow the mold to get started.

Eventually the mold worked its way through between the layers and POOF!

I had to wear an enviro-mask & gloves during the cleanup because black mold is highly toxic.

Yecchhh....

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 December 2002, 01:09.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Wooo sht!!! Wooo scary stuff!!

Is this supposed to be a joke or is that real??
                      Damn...
                      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Once again, nature and technology meet. This round goes undecided.

Comment

Mice ate on my coleagues printer in the basement once.

Comment

WOW
                            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Hmmm...and I thought that finding a spider net inside my case was weird...

Comment

Working...
                              X