DVD-R disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-R disks

Recently, in Switzerland, I visited a computer supermarket (Media-Markt) and found on the shelves Creation DVD-R Data Storage disks at CHF 4.95 ($3). As this is half the cost of the next-cheapest branded one (Pioneer) in that country, I bought three to try them out. Migros, the biggest supermarket chain, noted for low prices, have a different unknown make for CHF 21.80 ($13.60) each!!! Most of the other makes, like Verbatim and Panasonic, retail at about CHF 12-15 each

I've burnt one of the three Creation disks and it is totally glitch-free on both computer and stand-alone. I'll burn the other two in the next few days.

These Creation disks are made in the EU and they have a web-site at here .

Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with these disks?

Incidentally, their web site gives a logical answer to the question that has bugged some of us: why should one not use paper labels on DVDs? They say that DVDs become much hotter than CDs when being read and the adhesive may soften sufficiently to cause the labels to lift off. The implication is that the drive could be damaged.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Second one has a 95 minute film on it: no glitches. This starts to look promising, as the film was ripped off VHS tape and the quality wasn't brilliant (noise, brilliance and colour balance corrected). The entertainment value is better than the original tape, even if the quality is not perfect.

Incidentally, immediately after playing it in the stand-alone, the disk temperature is, indeed, quite high (I'd guess at ~50 deg C) so that label explanation looks plausible.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

i burn 100mins of good quality video on DVD-R from Lynx.com. I recieve them in 3-days and no problems so far

Orbiatl

Comment

Working...
      X