Judicial Watch: Iraq tied to Oaklahoma bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judicial Watch: Iraq tied to Oaklahoma bombing

Judicial Watch is an independent legal watchdog organization in the US. They've filed suit, basically to shake loose more info;

Judicial Watch is a non-profit, public interest law firm dedicated to fighting government corruption.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I think for alot of people that comes as no real surprise especially considering the total disregard for innocent life particularly that of children.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I have just one question, since it doesn't seem to be specified in that article (if it is please point me to it).
      Did they filed suit against a sovereign state in a US federal court ?!

Comment

Wow, that manages to be both silly and in poor taste at the same time.
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Since they're suing a foreign government and not individuals that commited crimes on US soil I would expect them to do it in a Iraqi court, most unlikely considering the regime there, but they could sue for compensation there after Sadam is deposed and the country elects a democratic regime. Pretty much like what jewish people did in post nazi Germany.
          And considering the current sittuation an international "neutral" court is most suited, but not US court.

Comment

You can file against a foreign government in US Federal courts, it can be sucessful and this isn't the only example.

There is a $trillion lawsuit against Saudi Arabia, based on the value of their oil reserves, in the US courts regaring 9/11 and the Saudi governments involvment in supporting the Wahabi Madrassa schools that churned out many of the terrorists & the Taliban.

The Washington Times delivers breaking news and commentary on the issues that affect the future of our nation.

In another case the families of those killed in the Lockerbie 747 bombing are in the process of finalizing a settlement with Libya regarding their countries security service's complicity in that attack.

View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health at CNN.com.

If won the foreign governments assets in the US would be seized to pay the award. Pending the outcome of the case some of the defendents US assets can be frozen by the court and cannot be taken out of the country to avoid payment.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 December 2002, 13:03.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What if that particular foreign goverment doesn't have any assets in the US?
              I seriously doubt Iraq has any left...

Comment

There are still Iraqi assets frozen during Gulf War I.

Over 200 nations have significantly more than $800 billion in foreign reserves stored in the US Federal Reserve Bank of New York. They also store 1/4 of the worlds monetary gold supply.

The FRBNY facilitates over $9 trillion in transfers from those accounts annually.

London also has significant foreign reserves of both gold and securities in storage for similar purposes.

Given the reciprocity agreements between US and UK courts....

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 December 2002, 13:24.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X