My damn monitor died!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My damn monitor died!

The thing gave out a final high pitched squeel before it went. It gave me 3 years of reliable quality service.

Damn you!!! Why now??

Guess it's time to buy a new one.

Let's all mourn my 17" Daytek 1731-D. I originally bought it from an employee of un-claimed freights for 125$ CND when monitors like mine were selling for around 500$. It was brand new, but without warranty. I'm just glad it didn't crap out earlier.

So long good buddy, RIP.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

I feel for ya Zokes... when a monitor dies it's like the boogeyman poked your eyes out.

Had one 21" die about 6 weeks ago.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Can you buy one 'on the cheap' from work?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Not unless I can secretly fit it under my coat!

I'm most likely going to buy one from DFSDirect.ca, cheapest prices anywhere.

Comment

I wasn't referring to the old 'five finger discount' Can you buy ex-stock on the cheap? or is that sort of thing frowned upon?
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

The only thing available is a 10% discount on a complete system.

I could get a refurbished part and not have to pay the markup but it's still too expensive.

Comment

Dang man, everywhere I've worked anything they sold could be purchased at cost (wholesale + large purchase discounts)

Tis sad when your employer see's you as just another Joe customer to pad their wallet
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Indeed it is.

I'll probably be quite some time without one too. The cash is kinda tight right now.

Comment

Working...
                X