VIA EPIA M about to hit shelves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA EPIA M about to hit shelves!

As you can see from my sig i have its predecessor(?) running my linux server and it does a fabulous job. Now if i only had time to build a custom slim case for it, it is still sitting in the shoe box
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

VIA? C3?

Pardon me while I gag

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

17x17cm board size, extremely low power consumption, no fan needed. Do i need to say more?
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Dr Mordrid, nowadays they are the best option for slient, slim HTPC.

I'm also very much looking forward to EPIA M
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I know what they are, I just couldn't resist the temptation to hammer VIA again

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Agree with you on that
            K133 and KT266 are the worst chipset ever in existance.

By the way, the only bit I don't like about M series is that... they use DDR!! This just puts the overall price higher and... come on it doesn't need DDR...
            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
              Agree with you on that
              K133 and KT266 are the worst chipset ever in existance.

By the way, the only bit I don't like about M series is that... they use DDR!! This just puts the overall price higher and... come on it doesn't need DDR...
              I can think of quite a number of chipsets much, much worse than any VIA chipset. And quite a few of them are made by SiS or ALi.

that being said, i would agree that DDR is a waste except for this - the fact it is using DDR memory gives it enough extra bandwidth to make both the integrated video and the processor happy.

could make a nice minibox. wish i had the cash to pick one up... it might be able to function as the media box that i was planning on using the G400MAX of mine for. The only thing that it probably doesn't have that the G400 series does is the DVDMax functionality... such a shame, its why i will never let my G400MAX go
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

News!!!!!!!!!

There will be EPIA N, which is the same as EPIA M except it uses SDRAM

Comment

did they also finally fix the C3 ? to make it faster than a Celeron running at 1/3rd of the speed?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                    did they also finally fix the C3 ? to make it faster than a Celeron running at 1/3rd of the speed?
                    I have not yet seen a 17x17cm large s370 mainboard with integrated lan/grafik/sound.

mfg
                    wulfman
                    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                    "Lobsters?"
                    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

so motherboard formfactor is the only reason to get it

if you don't mind micro-atx, then there are plenty of solutions around... like Asus TUSL2-M series

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                        so motherboard formfactor is the only reason to get it

if you don't mind micro-atx, then there are plenty of solutions around... like Asus TUSL2-M series
                        And also silence, also onboard TV-out, also price, also power consumption...

Comment

frank, the board you mentioned is 80% bigger.

mfg
                          wulfman
                          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                          "Lobsters?"
                          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                          X