problems with brightness (to dark) on capturing :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with brightness (to dark) on capturing :(

I have majour problems with to dark videos on those i have captured, is there a brightness problems with the drivers? cause i have heard that is possible to get a hacked dll or something that will fix this problem. Where to get this dll, or is it something else i could do to fix this?

It's been noted a couple of times that the latest vidtools makes this problem more pronounced -- the download section of this site graciously offers the older version .dll that will help with 90% of the problem.

Without going off the deep end with technical issues and such, I *think* that the problem(s) revolve around the different ways a broadcast video signal vs digital video files store color information.

Hardware &/or software has to translate the original signal, which sometimes isn't all that great to begin with, into something your computer monitor can display; sometimes it does a less the perfect job, but given the task...

At any rate, if the end result is output digitally, then it's a simple matter to adjust the video settings before you capture.

If however you're going back out to tape etc., and if the captured video looks fine on a TV monitor, messing with the video calibration will usually alter the final result, meaning a picture that's too light viewed on a TV screen.

If you absolutely have to see an accurate representation of the video in this latter case, & assuming a TV monitor doesn't solve your problem, you can play with the levels in software like after effects (remember you'll have to put it back), or simply alter your computer's screen display with something like powerstrip.

mikie

Comment

Hmm, an *.dll file to use and the brightness problems gonna be gone
      one question though, ive been looking on this site without finding it, could someone please tell me where to get that *.dll file?

btw, it is for matrox marvel g400? cause thats the card igot :P

Comment

Wiken,

can you be more specific about "I have majour problems with...". Maybe a description of what you experience?

Marijn

Comment

Working...
        X